Plea for Assistance from new member

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valkyri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much. I really am overwhelmed by the amount of support the people on this website have shown to me and my family. I really am very grateful to you and everyone who has contributed to help ease us through this hard time. I promise to pay it forward, when I am able. Hugs.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
valkyri valkyri Just received an e-mail from amazon. Your cat litter has been shipped. You should receive it on Monday. Hope it will help you some with your kitties.
Give them all hugs from me!

valkyri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
To all- I am a poet/author of a poetry book called Shadowstyx by Valkyri, Poetry and Porse of Depression. I write a lot about mental illness, depression, childhood sexual abuse, rape, domestic violence. That kind of stuff. Just tryong to let people know that they are not alone. This is a work in progress, but it's for you all... my new friends. Thank you.

desperation and gratitude

charity vanquished poverty

famine’s black horse

turned back around

mercy came quietly

on kitten’s paws

cherished gracious abundance

posted heavy cardboard

yellow orange vittles

certain suffering eased

anonymously donated comfort

relief from pressure

faith regains hope

rescued from hunger

heavily loyal bastists

saving their own

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
This is a lovely poem. The part about loyal bastists saving their own is very true. Thank you for posting this. [emoji]128150[/emoji]

Last edited:

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
mercy came quietly

on kitten’s paws

you have no idea how this touched me. Mercy is the name of the baby cat that came into our lives 5 days after we lost Kitten.

valkyri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the compliments, Isn't that something about the little kitten Mercy? I'm glad I wrote those lines. Many, many hugs...

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Regarding litter, there are a couple of Tractor Supply stores in your area, and I use their HORSE bedding, natural pine pelletized equine bedding, which is IDENTICAL to feline pine.  The cost is normally $5.99 per 40-lb bag and last time I was there they were offering 2 bags for $11.00.  I have 18 cats at the moment and while a couple in a private area require Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract in order to use the litter box, the rest are fine with the pine and it's very affordable.  I too have limited income (social security retirement only) and depend a lot on the kindness of friends and other cat lovers.  Facebook has been helpful to others I know who have gone through temporary hardships as you have.   "Heavily Loyal Bastists" do save their own.  BTW I clicked on your shopping list from Amazon and it now shows nothing on it, so hopefully you got everything you need right now.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

mercy came quietly

on kitten’s paws

you have no idea how this touched me. Mercy is the name of the baby cat that came into our lives 5 days after we lost Kitten.
Yes...it kinda left me breathless, too.

What a lovely poem.  Perhaps you would start another thread and share a few? 

valkyri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, we got everything we needed from the Amazon shopping list. I did update it to include one more litter, and Reboost cough syrup (for Charm) but that is all. I cannot take your generosity and kindness for granted. I appreciate all of the help and love and support you have shown our family. God bless all of you who have contributed to easing our suffering through this horrible time. Even the suggestions are appreciated. You have no idea how you have touched our hearts. Fourteen "thank you's" a million times over.

I also added a thread called Poetry Corner. It is under The General Forums, subset Crossing The Bridge. These are two poems dedicated to cats I have lost last year. Please feel free to praise your loved and lost kitties through poetry. Cherish the good times, and mourn these friends with us.

Hugs

Last edited:

catsneedloveink

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you tried calling the food or litter companies?

Not that long ago, I called one of the litter companies with a question. We started talking about my boys, how I ended up with them and stuff and she sent me coupons and I didn't even ask! Maybe I just got lucky by getting connected to an amazing rep but it's worth a shot. They can't do more than tell you no, right?

I'm kind of in a bind myself with a sick one or I would be happy to help out what I could. Best of luck, though

valkyri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, I never even considered that. I feel like smacking myself in the forehead. That is a fantastic idea. I wonder if that would actually work out for somebody? As I said in a previous post, we are good now, except for one more cat litter and some Reboost cough syrup for Charm. If anyone else is in our same circumstance, please try calling the companies of the products you use. They may help. You never know! Great idea! I hope you get out of that bind soon. Sick ones are tough. Believe me, I know. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hugs. -V

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
South Carolina (California native-Sacramento)
I had no idea this was going on. I just came across this thread. Valkyrie,I'm truly sorry for your terrible circumstances. My husband and I have been there! We definitely understand how very hard "the domino effect " can be! I'm very grateful to all of the generous and gracious hearts that have shown you mercy. God is so good! He will always provide! That is His promise! I'm just wondering how you and your husband are doing...mentally and emotionally. I know firsthand just how so very draining times like these are. They can depress us,bring us down and nearly drown our Faith. You both must take care of yourselves so that you can properly care for your children! Please please take some time to renew and recharge. Especially with your disabilities. Which both my husband and I suffer from as well. Due to a near fatal Semi on Semi truck accident 4 years ago. We both have major back injuries. Yet,my husband works. In daily pain. And I run our farm. In daily pain. We really feel for you both. Honey,I'm so sorry. And all you want to do is "save em all "!!! Just like me!!! I commend you for showing these otherwise less fortunate animals such compassion! The Lord will bless you both for reaching out to His precious creations!!! Although,I understand that that's not at all why you do it. Same as me. It just brings my heart so much joy to help any animal I possibly can in any possible way!! I just want to stress to you that you are important too. Take some time for you dear. Where will these babes be if not for you? The most important thing is that y'all stay strong Spiritually! So that you may continue forward,and be the best you can be for your youngins! God bless you both! I'm praying for you and your family and I send much love your way. [emoji]10060[/emoji][emoji]11093[/emoji]️[emoji]10060[/emoji][emoji]11093[/emoji]️[emoji]10060[/emoji][emoji]11093[/emoji]️

God bless![emoji]128591[/emoji]
[emoji]10084[/emoji]️Glory

Ps... I love poetry and I also write. Ima totally check out your thread! [emoji]128536[/emoji]

catsneedloveink

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry I didn't read your update that you were good to go but since my reply gave you an idea, I'm glad I didn't. [emoji]128570[/emoji] I would still give them a call, maybe they will send you coupons out of the goodness of their hearts consider the big heart you have for taking care of special needs cats. I'll be honest, I love cats but I don't know if I could do what you do. I think it would break my heart. But since I've never been in that position, I can't say for sure. If one of my cats, God forbid, became a special needs I wouldn't turn my back on them but to take one in....I don't know if I would be strong enough. So...hats off to you!!!

valkyri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We humbly and gratefully received the cat litters today. Thank you, thank you, thank you! HUGS

valkyri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
To all who helped me-

I wrote this on my blog today.

It's a hard thing

.entry-meta .entry-header

Being on the receiving end of charity is difficult. It is a blow to the ego, to the sense of self, to have to be in a position to ask for help from others. Being in need automatically humbles you. I know this to be true.

Over the years, I have been a terrific donor to just causes. I remember we sponsored a little girl (Diana) through Christian Children’s Fund when I was in my teens. By “we” I mean my grandmother and I. In my twenties, I would cut coupons from the local paper and magazines, and send them off monthly to the local Humane Society, so they could use them, or give them away to new owners when they adopted out an animal. A person with their hand out got something from me, whatever I had in my pocket, usually… along with a prayer. I gave to bottle drives for my kid’s school, and never did I pass up a red kettle around Christmas time.

I have lived for a very long time. I have been poor for most of it. This season has hit harder than I have known for a long time. I am relying on the kindness of strangers for food, medicine, cat care products, and daily living expenses. I am barely surviving. I don’t expect things to continue like this, but for now, it is what it is. It’s hell.

I would ask, if and when you are able, folks, for you to give back, or pay it forward. By this I mean, if you have an extra $10 that is going for a pepperoni pizza, donate it. A six-pack of beer? A new package of tube socks or fancy conditioner? Whatever it is that you want to buy so badly, stop. Don’t spend it on yourself. Make due. Once a month, I challenge you, to take $10 and donate it. If you are a pet owner, buy a bag of pet chow and drop it off to someone who needs it more than you. Buy some extra pasta and sauce and give it to a food pantry. Take an extra sandwich to work with you, and put a “free” sticker on it, and leave it in the lunchroom fridge. Chances are that you won’t even realize what an impact you’ve made on somebody’s day. On somebody’s life. On somebody’s outlook.

I have been given an amazing gift. My faith in people has been restored. At least, a little bit. I have been on the receiving end of charity, and I am grateful. I vow to you, in all sincerity, that I will give back to the universe for all of my blessings, when I can. The local food pantry accepts donations of pet food, and I plan to donate every month, when I am able. Tube socks and dish soap, be damned. I’ll make due. When I was in such dire need, they had none to give. I want to make sure that doesn’t happen to anyone else. Please, open your hearts and help others in need.

Hugs

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I think maybe you are now getting rewarded for all the times you already paid it forward. [emoji]128077[/emoji]. It's amazing how that works out. Only luck has kept me from being in your situation and I think that's true of a lot of people. A medical emergency, a job gets out sourced and suddenly there you are! You are doing a wonderful thing taking care of all these sweet cats. You have a very big heart. [emoji]10084[/emoji]️