Playing too rough???

keridomingo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a 2 yr. old cat and recently adopted a 13 week old kitten about three months ago. I followed all the tips from the articles on this site and feel all went ok. The problem is I'm not sure if I should still keep them separated (except for supervised visits) because at times they seem to play too rough. The two yr. old always wants to end the play sessions first, but it seems like the kitten could go on nonstop. This seems to aggravate my cat and that is when things seem to get out of hand. There is never any blood or fur flying, but I feel I need to separate them before it gets too bad. I've tried playing with the kitten before letting them together to wear off some of her energy but it seems that no matter how long I do she is ready to go again as soon as she is with the older cat. Should I try to let them work it out on their own? Is this how a cat and a kitten play? I'm very concerned because I don't want anyone to get hurt, but it would be so wonderful if they could both have full access to the house together at the same time.

jetta1400

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm having the same issue with my two. My female is 4 and male is 1. It's going on a year for us and I'm finding that I still need to supervise. Never had the issue with my former kitties, or maybe I don't really remember because it was so long ago. All I can advise is to monitor play time and separate when you leave them home alone just to be safe. Good luck!