Platonic friendship?

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would suggest trying to give him some more time. Try not to tease yourself by thinking about a romantic relationship with him right now...if he stayed away for a year, and you are just getting reacquainted...you don't want to scare him!

Maybe due to his youthfulness, he is less secure with you being the one to want to take things to a new level. And maybe he is so driven with success and his job, that he has a plan for his romantic life, too. Maybe he doesn't want to think about getting serious for a few years, and you are too special for a short relationship?!?

Try to be patient, and enjoy his company, and let him call the shots for now. If he takes too long, let us know, and we will try to come up with a plan to reel him in!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

I would suggest trying to give him some more time. Try not to tease yourself by thinking about a romantic relationship with him right now...if he stayed away for a year, and you are just getting reacquainted...you don't want to scare him!

Maybe due to his youthfulness, he is less secure with you being the one to want to take things to a new level. And maybe he is so driven with success and his job, that he has a plan for his romantic life, too. Maybe he doesn't want to think about getting serious for a few years, and you are too special for a short relationship?!?

Try to be patient, and enjoy his company, and let him call the shots for now. If he takes too long, let us know, and we will try to come up with a plan to reel him in!
You hit it right on the head, that is what I'm going to do! I'll let you all know if you should plan the attack...

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abigail

I have also had platonic ( like brothers) relationships. Yours's doesn't sound like it's in that category. Be open and tell him and it might blossom into a freind you really love in all ways.
Well said!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do! I only have 2 really close friends...Renae, and Jonathan...i've known both for years, and couldn't possibly have better friends! Jonathan and i have a strictly platonic relationship and is like the brother i never had, so it's cool. early on in our friendship we established boundaries and defined our relationship- which i think is great because we totally respect each other, and my boyfriend felt great knowing that i had already definited my relationship with my guy friend and we all even hang out together occassionally. I'm so happy everyone gets along well, it means a lot to me that i have my friends and my boyfriend in my life...they're all awesome and i couldn't have been blessed with better people in my life, esp my boyfriend colin!!!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just talked to him for 40 minutes and my heartbeat got all fast and my stomach tied in knots! Oh, this can't be good!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep! A fullblown one.....Sheesh, I'm 31, not 16! Feels like I'm in high school or something...