Placing a semi-feral cat into new home. Need input!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ziggy'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean about the FIV cats.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ziggy'smom

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean about the FIV cats.
I am a bit confused too
, maybe Stefanz is just making a comparison to a hard to adopt out cat like an FIV cat, kinda like your Annie just as far as her temperament and shyness goes though.

I for one, agree with you wholeheartedly about contacting a few shelters with your suggestion and offer. I think that really could work both ways. And Annie would probably love to be around all of the other cats. But..... you are right, in a shelter free-roam environment, she would probably never get adopted and stay far away from all potential adoptors who came in the free-roam room. We have quite a few cats like that at AHS in Huntley. They are there for life
, most likely......
But AHS shelter is a great place for cats with lots of walkways and over-head walkways too. They are given excellent medical care, whatever they need. Good luck with that and let me know if I can be of any help.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

I am a bit confused too
, maybe StefanZ is just making a comparison to a hard to adopt out cat like an FIV cat, kinda like your Annie just as far as her temperament and shyness goes though.
Im not sure what is here not to understand?
Or perhaps, it is a choice here not to understand?? I dont know. But I must respect such a choice.

Let me say, there is a proverb: "Let the lame and the blind help each other".
Or something like that. From two helpless invalids, we do get one functioning duo, who can manage quite well and get after all a decent live - together.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StefanZ

Im not sure what is here not to understand?
Or perhaps, it is a choice here not to understand?? I dont know. But I must respect such a choice.

Let me say, there is a proverb: "Let the lame and the blind help each other".
Or something like that. From two helpless invalids, we do get one functioning duo, who can manage quite well and get after all a decent live - together.
Stefanz, I am sorry, I didn't see you p.s.
in the earlier post, and now I understand the analogy you were suggesting. And, very good comparison and point. I did not mean to offend you in anyway.

I love the proverb, and thanks for sharing it. It holds much truth.