Place Under Shelter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I have to leave the shelters behind the garage, any ideas what I can place underneath because of rain or snow? Out of bricks and no pallet. And I don't have time to order anything. I checked stores here and no one here has a thing. The shelters are the styrofoam with black plastic bags and has straw inside. Please can someone help me. Oh and I don't have any 2 x 4 either
Thank you.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How big are these shelters? Do you have a spare litter box or a big plastic bin? Maybe that could be overturned and the shelters placed on top or perhaps placed inside (without litter) as a dry base? Or perhaps a spare tire can be used to elevate the shelters. I don't know how much snow you are expecting before you can get to the store for a more permanent base.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have chunks of styrofoam you can break into pieces? Or upside-down food storage containers, especially if you have disposables or ones you want to get rid of. Tires. Potting soil/sand bag. Rags rolled up in a garbage bag? Look around, get creative.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks all. I'll take a look around and see what I can come up with. :)

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I have to leave the shelters behind the garage, any ideas what I can place underneath because of rain or snow? Out of bricks and no pallet. And I don't have time to order anything. I checked stores here and no one here has a thing. The shelters are the styrofoam with black plastic bags and has straw inside. Please can someone help me. Oh and I don't have any 2 x 4 either
Thank you.
Cardboard, straw also contact the Facebook group that provides winter shelters and supplies

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Cardboard, straw also contact the Facebook group that provides winter shelters and supplies
The winter shelter group? They said the snow actually insulates the shelter and add an awning over the entrance hole for the cats