PJ has a sore face :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

prairiepanda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you look back you'll see I mentioned ears and eyes. I did so because I remembered something when my kids were small. I friend told me when they are ill and I go to the doctor to make sure he checks their ears as some don't and often that's the problem and I now realise that vets don't check ears as a matter of course. Lotto had arthritis and for a time took the gluc....and c....stuff the names I can't remember although they're written above but for some reason they stopped importing them for cats. Dogs and people yes. I never gave him pain killers. To be honest I never thought of it. What s terrible mum I am. I'm glad that the ears have been sorted out and all is well.
The weird thing is, my vets look at PJ's ears every time they see her! Once in a while I prompt them for comments on her seasonal itchiness or the general appearance of her ears, but they've always just told me that her ears are healthy. The vet who suggested cleaning PJ's ears has even looked at them in the past and said they were fine. So I'm not sure why they let me go on not cleaning them until it actually caused a problem. 

As for the glucosamine and chrondoitin, I was told that I can work with one of the dietitians at the vet to work out how much I should add to PJ's diet based on how much is already included, and I can use human-grade supplements if I follow their directions. I'll just have to watch for what form they actually come in, as some would be more bioavailable to cats than others.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When whisky washes blighty he spends an awful amount of time cleaning his ears. I'll probably never have to worry about them being dirty!
:lol3: