Pizza

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love pizza too!

My family used to own a gourmet pizza place and I never got sick of Pizza.

I like to go full on meat - bacon, ham, salami, pepperoni, cabanossi and tomato with lashings of BBQ sauce. That's why I only have pizza once or twice a year!

I prefer home made and I make mini ones with pita pockets

Good thread

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I
the pizza from a local place - Jake's Pizza.
I like black olives, green olives, onions, sausage, pepperoni, & green peppers on their pizza.
Oohh, yes. There's a local place here that I didn't think of earlier. They make my all time favorite pizza. They're called Pizza Johns. They have the best sauce, the best cheese, (CANNED) mushrooms, and some kind of AMAZING spice they put on top.
Oh my God, now I'm hungry. I need some pizza!!

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love pesto pizza!!! And Artichoke hearts on my pizza as well! Ranch dressing to dip in is a must and it must be thick crust!! Pizza at my work is good if done right
. I work at a bowling alley lmao
But people seem to love our piza even if the crust is pre-made and all we do is put pizza sauce and toppings on it!

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too love pizza! I'm not picky either, I love anything on it. I usually make my own and experiment with different toppings. The latest one is BBQ pulled pork with chopped green peppers. Sounds icky but it's really good! I still think ham and pinapple is my fav though

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pizza is a huge no no unless I make it myself on gluten free crusts ... mine are decent but when I treat myself I usually get garlic , pineapple and Canadian bacon... the local pizzeria does a good job

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just did a google search for Shakey's Pizza. They're still in business, but the nearest location is 667 miles from here!

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A place near my house makes a baked potato pizza which has a sour cream sauce, potato slices, bacon and cheese and it is amazing! They make something similar at CiCiâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s and Stevie Bâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s buffets but it isnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t nearly as good.

When not in the mood or baked potato isnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t available I usually like a deep dish with just plain cheese but sometimes add grilled chicken, ground beef or bacon.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty traditional about pizza. I like red sauce and the basic meat ingredients (pepperoni, canadian bacon, etc.) as well as green peppers. I like a thick crust if its good.

However, I have found only tolerable pizza since moving to Richmond but nothing absolutely wonderful
Same with Chinese food. Who would have though I would get that better in the midwest

devanagara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm vegetarian so I always order medium crust, pineapple, light cheese, and extra sauce - as much as I can get them to pour on there! Sometimes I'll eat a veggie supreme, but I usually keep it simple.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love either regular cheese pizza, meat lovers pizza, or just pepperoni.

I actually just ate 4 of 6 slices from a medium pizza I had delivered for lunch
And cannot forget dipping the crust in blue cheese dressing

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We make pizza with my mom's homemade spaghetti sauce and -- oddly enough -- sharp cheddar cheese.
For crust, we occasionally get industrious and use a no-egg white bread recipe with olive oil instead of butter for shortening... but more often, we go for convenience and use Pillsbury's thin-crust refrigerator pizza dough. (The trick with the refrigerated dough is to pat it out on a layer of cornmeal! Much crisper and more interesting that way.)

But the very best pizza ever ever EVER was made with Appian Way Pizza Mix! From 1968 in Washington DC until the early '90s here in Dallas, I was able to get it... but it is no longer available in this part of the country. If you find it in stores where you live, you must try it! The sauce is... oh gosh, I grow dizzy just thinking of a way to describe it...

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I
the pizza from a local place - Jake's Pizza.
I like black olives, green olives, onions, sausage, pepperoni, & green peppers on their pizza.
I LOVE JAKES!
I haven't had it in years though

We have a local place here that makes it about the same though, so it curbs my cravings

I love pepperoni or any type of chicken pizza

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I usually make my own, and we're "traditionalists": homemade tomato sauce, cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms, and hot peppers (for DH and Jamie - he loves pizza with hot peppers). I like artichokes on pizza, too.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like green peppers, olives, onions on my pizza

I have been having a miss vickies sea salt and vinegar craving lately and have had them every day for the past couple weeks too Karen

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in pizza hell down here, lol. My absolute faves are:
1. Barton's Pizza in Highland, IN, thin crust with lots of cheese, sausage, and mushrooms. I'll eat it for days!
2. Arrenello's Pizza (Highland, IN location, though a branch from the original Chicago restaurant): STUFFED with cheese, mushrooms, and sausage.
Giordano's tastes similiar enough that I won't include it.

And for those that don't know where Highland, IN is located..it's NW Indiana, not far from Chicago...so I was SPOILED with Chicago style pizza's growing up, but just 1.5 hours south of there, we get Papa John's or Pizza Hut.