Pizza burn!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just had pizza burn a few days ago. Luckily it wasn't too bad and was gone in two days. It was a very mild burn and I'm glad I didn't burn my tongue. Sometimes you're just too impatient and want that pizza NOW!!!
Suck on some ice cubes. That will sooth it.

mom of franz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NYC The Town so Nice, They Named it Twice!
Originally Posted by brianlojeck

I grew up in Brooklyn, NY, and I can tell you that Pizza Burn was the bane of my existance. I'm pretty sure I developed callouses on the roof of my mouth after a while.

The worst thing is it would always affect my taste buds for a day or two as well as my pallet... painful stuff...
Greetings from Brooklyn Brian! Yes, Brooklyn, home of the REAL pizza and Bagel! Brian, don't know how old you are but I can remember when pizza was 25 cents a slice and the subway was a 15 cent ride.

brianlojeck

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of Franz

Greetings from Brooklyn Brian! Yes, Brooklyn, home of the REAL pizza and Bagel! Brian, don't know how old you are but I can remember when pizza was 25 cents a slice and the subway was a 15 cent ride.
wow... I don't go back quite that far.

Pizza was a buck a slice, candy bars were $0.50, small bags of chips were $0.25 and you would get 6 doritos in a bag. the subway was... a buck I think, but it was a buck and a quarter through my older years.

I'm 30, living in California now, and really miss Elegante Pizzaria at 69th and 5th in Bay Ridge. when I visit home I stop at my moms, say hi, and run around the corner to get a pizza for dinner. ;-)