Pixies last week

cookietown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So my little Pixie is in her last week of pregnancy and I am getting very excited :) we have some nesting boxes up for her and after the initial 'whats this?' she hasn't seemed bothered by them, I keep telling my boyfriend that she will probably choose the bed 

So we are waiting for the first signs of labor and I thought I would share the experience with people that are interested instead of rambling like a crazy cat lady at my friends.

Her nipples are huge and she has lost some hair around them she is very affectionate and wakes me up at 7 every morning for cuddles and love and she spends the rest of her time sleeping grooming or eating like there's no tomorrow.

She doesn't have a huge bump so we think there will only be one or two kitties and thankfully she seems content to have our other cat, Trixie, stay with her.

So my countdown begins, any last minuet advice will always be welcome and I look forward to sharing the news of teeny tinny kitties 

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, as i'm sure you've read- it's different for every cat. Some show signs and symptoms before labor, some give no clues whatsoever. With my pregnant female I can tell you that for the last 3 weeks I probably said "I think this is it!!!!" at least 100 times, if not more. They like to keep you guessing. My cat is normally so tiny that she was HUGE [she also had 6 kittens inside of her]. I could feel the babies moving 4 1/2 weeks before she gave birth and see them moving 3 1/2 weeks before she gave birth. Poor thing was stretched to the limit. For about a week before i'd find a teeny tiny bit of dried discharge, but nothing major. She was SUPER vocal, constantly wanted attention- and then in the last week got pretty aggressive/hormonal towards my dog and also took a swipe at me and my boyfriend a few times. She's calmed down immensely since the kittens have been born. The night before she went into labor was actually one of the only nights I wasn't hovering over her staring thinking 'this is it'. I actually had kind of given up hope because I felt like I had been waiting SO LONG. Hahaha. Then at 6.30 I woke to the sound of tiny mews and she had given birth to the first one, I got to see the other five be born and it was an amazing experience.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cookietown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't wait 
 I first felt movement last week and I could see a fidgety tummy last night. She is only extra affectionate at 7 in the morning she does like to curl up with me but she always has.

I'm very glad she isn't attacking our other cat because they don't like to be apart but we will see how she feels when the time comes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cookietown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Pixie has been very restless today, granted that could be the heat but Trixie found her sweet spot and stayed there Pixie wont stay still for more than 30 minutes. She has been trying to stay high up which she has never really bothered with before. She used to sit on the back of the chair if anyone was in it and if Trixie was settled somewhere higher than her she would try to join her/steal her spot 
 hilarious watching two cats trying to fit somewhere only one will fit.

Anyway today Pixie has been curled up on top of the empty desk and on the upturned cat kennel (they didn't use it so I stood it up for them to use as a perch) and on the ottoman, all places she never seemed to be bothered by before, Trixie has always been the climber. 

No idea if this might be a sign or if she is just trying to find a nice cool spot but we will see