Pixie Dust due any day?

corie may

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat Pixie is very pregnant but I don't know exactly the date that she is due. I've been feeling the kitties moving now for at least a week and a half. They're really active now. How long do they usually go into labor after you start feeling movement? Also she doesn't seem to have any milk yet. When does that usually come in? She's been sleeping alot & doing alot of nesting. I'm just so impatient. I can't wait for these little kittens to come!!!!

lucyloo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It differs with all cats, I didn't know my girls due date, she was very heavily pregnant for what seemed like forever but i woke up one morning to 3 little beauties!

etcrame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We knew my girl Kassie was pregnant but were not sure on the dates. Then when she ended up going about 2-3wks past the date I'd had, we thought it was a false prenancy she was having. I never felt more than 1 very light tap whenever I'd feel for babies. I thought maybe it could've just been her tummy bubbles or something because it was so light. I even had her scheduled to be spayed! Then she suddenly lost her mucous plug and I knew for sure that I was WAY off on my dates! She had the slimy nasty mucous for a full day then the next day she started leaking like a blood tinged water and the contractions were coming. That was the only time I actually saw and felt the babies(or maybe just the contractions)
, I wish I'd been able to experience the movement before that. Anyways, I called the vet when I saw the blood tinged water leaking and they said she'd most likely deliver through the night that if no babies by morning to call the vet, or if she seemed to be pushing for more than 20 minutes with no baby. So I had to poor her in the bathroom and tried to make her as comfortable as possible because she was leaking so much, but she did not like it in there. Even with me in there with her she wanted out. Next morning still nothing so I called my vet and he said to bring her in and they had to do a c-section on her. They told me one baby was lodged sideways in the birth canal and they were unable to save that one, but she was able to have 2 more healthy babies.
They are all doing great now, the babies are 3 wks old today! She had them the day before she was to be spayed! (since we thought she had the false pregnancy)

I figured I'd give you my experience, just so you'd see that not all of them are just as easy as feeling the babies to estimate their age.
There could be a bunch in there. They can do xray to give a sort of estimate.

Hope I could help you at least a lil bit.
Take care;

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

corie may

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I hope all goes well with Pixie. She's definately close. I can feel sooo much movement. I swear I can even make out body parts & they feel like theyre a pretty good size. So we'er just waiting and watching. She's been lying on her back alot sprawled out. She's so big & uncomfortable. She got outside a couple months ago but I'm not sure the exact date. I really wish I knew. Does anybody know about when the milk comes in?

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by corie may

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I hope all goes well with Pixie. She's definately close. I can feel sooo much movement. I swear I can even make out body parts & they feel like theyre a pretty good size. So we'er just waiting and watching. She's been lying on her back alot sprawled out. She's so big & uncomfortable. She got outside a couple months ago but I'm not sure the exact date. I really wish I knew. Does anybody know about when the milk comes in?
Milk production starts 2-3 days in advance of labor (typically). I don't know if you have set up a room for your girl, but now would be the time to set her up with a birthing box, food and litter. It is often recommended to keep mom and kittens in a secure room that isn't well travelled (such as a spare bathroom). And since you have already had her dash out once...please remember to keep her strictly indoors as cats can become pregnant again as early as a week after giving birth. She needs to remain indoors only until her kittens are weaned and she can be safely spayed.

Please keep us posted.

Katie

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ooooooo I hope she has her babies but man I think she will go before Skittles also. Everyone is going before her...

Good luck Pixie.....Hope 2 c babies soon..

corie may

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I set up her spot in an extra bedroom with a box with blankets in it plus different hiding places if she doesn't like the box. I'm making sure that she's not going to get out again. And she's definately getting spayed asap. I just feel like we've been waiting forever!!!! It's soo hard to wait. I'm soo excited for these little babies!!!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I set up her spot in an extra bedroom with a box with blankets in it plus different hiding places if she doesn't like the box. I'm making sure that she's not going to get out again. And she's definately getting spayed asap. I just feel like we've been waiting forever!!!! It's soo hard to wait. I'm soo excited for these little babies!!!
Good to hear you plan to have her spayed once the kittens are weaned..and if you enjoy the experience, you can always foster for a shelter or a rescue group. Many shelters and rescues need people who are willing to foster pregnant cats...just something to consider for the future.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Katie

corie may

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was just able to take Pixie's temperature for the first time. It's 99.9. what does it usually drop to when they're about to give birth? She's really mad at me now! Poor thing!!!!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
99.9 I hear it is 24- 48 hours they will give birth.. I am not sure how accurate the temp thing is I would go by the other signs first..

corie may

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hopefully it's soon then! She's constantly grooming her belly but still no milk. Maybe I just don't know how to milk her right. I've never milked a cat before! She also really wants out of the room that I set up for her. she's trying to claw her way out!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the milk will show when the babies suckle. Skittles had a few drops of premik cause it was not white LOL Then vet said it happens. how big are her nips. Are they super squishy

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hopefully it's soon then! She's constantly grooming her belly but still no milk. Maybe I just don't know how to milk her right. I've never milked a cat before! She also really wants out of the room that I set up for her. she's trying to claw her way out!
I would keep her contained...you definately do not want her to have her litter in a place that you cannot access.

Katie

corie may

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her nipples are very big, pink and squishy. She's just been lying around but she keeps getting up and changing spots. I will keep you all updated to let you know how Pixie Dust is doing.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How is Pixi tonight. Skittles is nesting WooHoo
Not sure it means anything.. I should keep my mouth quiet I will jinx it

Way to go Pixi Push mommy Push
Sending good vibes...

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe I should start a pool here too???
I think Pixie has a ways to go though - keep us posted!

corie may

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still no changes with Pixie. She's very restless. She'll be lying somewhere for a minute & then she'll move somewhere else. I have no idea when she's due but it should be soon because I've been feeling the kittens moving like crazy for a couple of weeks now. She feels like she's going to pop!!!! Her tummy is soo tight. She loves when I rub it. Hopefully it will be soon!!!