Pixel is vet bound

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks to everyone who sent healing vibes...either they worked, or Pixel is just a big faker! she [or someone] had been having soft stools; not liquid, just not log-like
anyway, on saturday, she squatted in a shoebox she likes to lie in, & produced a droplet of fecal material - definitely liquid! sunday i noticed that her nose & gums looked paler than usual - almost matched her white fur. i bought her some liver cat food, in case it was anemia, & planned to take her to the vet. she ate a little of the food. i couldn't take her to the vet monday, because i had a doctor's appointment, so i took her yesterday. after we get there, her nose is pinker than usual! she had no fever. the vet couldn't get a fecal sample, but she gave me an anti-diarrheal pill & suggested i put Pixel on a bland diet - real chicken, potatoes, etc. so on the way home i ran by a chicken place & bought some chicken & mashed potatoes. removed the skin, cut up the chicken & mixed it w/a little potatoes. she like it ok, ate a little. then about 1/2 hour later, i pilled her. about 1/2 hour after that, she went to the litter box, & i watched a perfectly solid turd [sorry, couldn't think of another name!] descend from her backside. now, i don't think the meds worked that fast - & i've decided not to give her anymore, because i might give her constipation! she'll get the chicken & potatoes, tho, because i'm allergic to chicken & i can't eat them!
thanks to everyone - but i think Pixel has Munchausen's syndrome!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Pixel, what are you doing to your poor Meowmy, making her worry!

I'm so pleased to hear that she's not poorly!
It must have been a bit of a surprise to you getting there to find a perfectly healthy kitty!

I'm sure Pixel will enjoy polishing off the remaining chicken though!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is great news. I am now going to applaud for Pixel's excellent poop.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Excellent news!!!
I am so glad Pixel is ok!!