Pixel has a vet visit in the very near future

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, she's still spitting up the medicine, so i'm going to switch it out for the pills. at least those will stay down! but yes, she's definitely feeling better!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

well, she's still spitting up the medicine, so i'm going to switch it out for the pills. at least those will stay down! but yes, she's definitely feeling better!
ARRRGGGHHH!!!! famous last words - tonight, after much work, i finally got a pill down her [2nd pill, 2nd try] & not 10 minutes later, she tosses it back up! she did have the decency to do so in the litterbox area, tho. she is driving me crazy! i hate not giving her the full 2 weeks of antibiotic, but ARRRGGGHHH!!!! i swear she can vomit on command!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems like they can do that.
Have you tried those Pill Pockets that are hollow so you can put the pill inside? Maybe if its hidden well enough she won't notice till its gone.
Good luck with her!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

ARRRGGGHHH!!!! famous last words - tonight, after much work, i finally got a pill down her [2nd pill, 2nd try] & not 10 minutes later, she tosses it back up! she did have the decency to do so in the litterbox area, tho. she is driving me crazy! i hate not giving her the full 2 weeks of antibiotic, but ARRRGGGHHH!!!! i swear she can vomit on command!
Hmmm...is there any possibility you could get pre-loaded syringes (the needle type?) She couldn't throw that up!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

It seems like they can do that.
Have you tried those Pill Pockets that are hollow so you can put the pill inside? Maybe if its hidden well enough she won't notice till its gone.
Good luck with her!
what, Pixel, the cat who doesn't like treats? no, i've never tried them with her because she doesn't eat any treats except kitty kaviar [& you can't hide stuff in that!]
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Hmmm...is there any possibility you could get pre-loaded syringes (the needle type?) She couldn't throw that up!
are you talking about an injection? i don't know if i could do that... i wonder if the vet could give her a super-duper one that would cover the 2nd week's worth, tho...

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

what, Pixel, the cat who doesn't like treats? no, i've never tried them with her because she doesn't eat any treats except kitty kaviar [& you can't hide stuff in that!]

are you talking about an injection? i don't know if i could do that... i wonder if the vet could give her a super-duper one that would cover the 2nd week's worth, tho...
I think he might be able to. I think Jana's hubby gives Much injections every few days, you could ask her...

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Laureen, I'm sorry to hear that Pixel's been under the westher. I hadn't seen this thread until now. Glad to hear that there's been some improvement --but now that she's feeling more herself, she can resist more readily -- not an unmixed blessing! Well, I hope she continues to feel better and you find a way of keeping her meds down. Been there, done that, and I don't envy the challenge! Hmmm...does she like cream cheese? you could hide a pill in that. It won't work forever, but it may buy a little time.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear, I was hoping the pills would stay down easier!
Trust Pixel to not like treats!

Does she like fresh sliced sandwich meats? Shem's cat Moss is intolerable to being handled and taking meds, but the meat thing works for them! Might be worth a shot?

Would be great if the vet could give her the super duper injection though, would make life a lot easier for the both of you!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

Originally Posted by kluchetta

I think he might be able to. I think Jana's hubby gives Much injections every few days, you could ask her...
We had to go to the injection round because Much exhibits the same behavior you are describing. Pills come up, liquid comes up. Not immediately but about 20 minutes later. I think she has a sensitive esophagus.

The injection goes under the skin and maybe your vet can show you how. You may need someone to hold Pixel though.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, this morning, i coated the pill with butter, & it went down REALLY easily... & didn't come up before i left. i'll check when i get home, & if it's around, or if tonight's comes up, i'll call the vet in the morning & ask about shots. i'll also try cream cheese, just for sliding purposes. she basically refuses to eat anything except her dry food & fried chicken & shaved dried tuna flakes... nothing you can hide meds in. i tried a lot of stuff back when her herpes was really bad, thinking i could put the lysine powder into something, instead of forcing the maple-flavored gel down her throat, but no such luck. once, she took 2 bites of fancy feast - i got all excited, bought several little cans... she never wanted any ever again

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hopefully the pill stays down...my mom always uses the buttered pill trick and it always seems to work