Pit bulls have a bad rap (rant)

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The first Pit I ever met I had never heard of them and didn't know they were supposed to be mean dogs. I went to pick a co worker up who was having car trouble. As soon as I stepped in the door a brindle dog came up wagging her tail and gently grabbed my wrist. She pulled me to a closet, and proceeded to pile her hours old pups into my lap, while nearly drowning me licking my face! Granted, almost all animals like me on first sniff, but I hardly think a vicious dog would have behaved that way. In the 30 some odd years since I've met many pits, and the majority have been good natured people loving dogs. The few who were not, all it took was a look at the owners to understand why they weren't, poor babies.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Willowy

ALL pet owners MUST oppose breed bans, because once the government gets away with banning one breed, they'll move on to other breeds, and eventually banning all keeping of domestic animals at all. It's a slippery slope......
I have been saying this for years. Sad thing, it has become reality. It started with banning ownership of exotics and is now spreading to so called "aggressive" dog breeds and will continue to spread to all pets. You can thank the animal rights groups for that. Spending all their money on lobbyists to pass these bills/bans. Pit Bull owners are now being treated the same as us exotic animal owners. Stop supporting these uselss AR groups (the ones I have always mentioned) and you have taken the first major step on stopping these animal bans. Get involved in the federal, state and local governments and write to your congressmen, senators, representatives and city council. You have to fight hard to win, but if you do nothing, your rights to all pet ownership will be gone for good.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The dog on the Little Rascals tv show was a Pit Bull.
Just goes to show how far we have come from it being considered a family dog to demonized like they are today. All because improper human handling.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a pe bred German Shepard when I was a kid and she was a great dog.
She was very protective of us.
My brother just got a pit bull about 3 weeks ago.
He is a puppy.
My dad was once bit by a small terrier and had to go to the hospital because of the bite.
All he did was walk past the dog.