TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

that's awesome!
she's GORGEOUS!
I hope it works out.
i think it will
she did SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo good when they took her out to the dog park for a walk/to see how she was. She is just a doll (one of my favs at the shelter- sooooooooooooooo sweet!!!!) she will definitely be spoiled rotten in her new home if they wind up adopting her too-
They showed up at the shelter with lots of puppy treats/toys for ALL of the doggies
Great people!!!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Today was such a busy day at our shelter today!!! At one point i was showing several people who were looking to adopt our dogs. We passed one of the cages with my favorite dog in it, Jimbo (GORGEOUS brindle pit bull- sweet as he can be!) and they asked me "aren't pit bulls bad dogs? would they bite/hurt my family?" They were kind people- they ment well, but had just been surrounded like many others with misconceptions and lies about this wonderful breed. It was such a GREAT opportunity to really kindly educate these people on what great dogs Pit Bulls (and any dog for that matter!!!) can be with a little love, good training, and a good home)
They were soooo open to learning about this breed and really wanted to know the truth- that's awesome! By the time we were done talking about pit bulls and other large breeds that often get bad raps (thanks to the media
) they had fallen in LOVE with another little pit bull that they had taken outside for a walk and in the dog run. They all got along sooooo well and wonderfull! Since it was almost closing time- i told them to go home and do their homework- research the breed and learn if it's the right one for their home. Then they are to get vet references/etc and if they are still interested...we're going to do a home inspection next week and let them foster before they adopt. They are soooooo excited!!!!!! And i am just estatic- talk about another rumor dissolved. It is soo wonderful sometimes to be able to work at the shelter i'm at and really be able to educate the public on misconceptions and wind up placing great animals into the right homes!!! I just had to share this with ya'll- it REALLY made my day!!!!!
Nikki your post has made my day. You are a beautiful person and your love for these babies shines through your words. You are awaiting a very big reward one day in our afterlife - what an angel!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speaking of pit bulls, Nikki.. we got in the most gorgeous purebred pit bull, this lady brought her in on Tuesday so we could scan her for a microchip and look her over. she thought she was a hound.
We are full and she said she would hang onto her because she loves her GSD and then the ACO brought her in yesterday saying they can't have her in there. She was recently spayed, she still has her sutures in. She's a sweetie and she is white and red. I believe she is a red nosed pit anyways I gave her a bath yesterday and she just sat there.
She is so sweet! I doubt anyone will come looking.
they never do for the pit bulls. the young people who have pit bulls here, if they go missing they think they got stolen and don't bother looking for them.
but hopefully she will get re-claimed. the lady said she made her nervous
I can't see why. she is the sweetest dog!

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

For educating these lovely people about pitties

Now they now what lovers they really are

You are an awsome person!!!!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AWESOME :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor: NEWS!!!!!!

today- my favorite doggie in the entire shelter got looked at by two wonderful different people!!!!!! Jimbo- my lovely brindle pit bull doggie that i'm in love with!!!! The both just loved him- they're supposed to bring in vet references/etc tomorrow so i guess whoever gets there first will potentially adopt him if all checks out (i'm off work tomorrow). I'm soooooo estatic!!!!! I interviewed both people myself and was VERY thorough with them- he will have an AWESOME home eithor way!!!
I just pray when i get back to work on Saturday that my coworkers will tell me he went to his forever home!!! Keep your fingers crossed for Jimbo!!!!!

Also- Sissy got spayed today
her foster family brought her in with a new hot pink collar and leash on her
she's already spoiled rotten!!! i think they came to get her after i left work (i left at 4:30 and we closed at 6 today so i guess they came after i was gone).