Piston, my therapy cat.

gothikitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I discovered that I had Autism late in life. I am very high functioning but I have some pretty bad sensory issues. I was told that I should get a dog but I didn't. I got a cat.
My cat Piston watches over me. When I am heading towards a meltdown, he will throw his weight against me and it anchorseems me. He wasn't trained for this. He did it organically.
Thus is why I get upset when peoplet say that cats are selfish creatures. This beautiful boy agreed to be part of my life and stole my heart. Even as I am typing I am tearing up. I feel blessed to have an animal companion that is so loving, empathetic and sweet. I just wanted to share.
Hugging the toys from his Christmas stocking.
Letting me know work is finished for the day
Showing me whose boss after knocking stuff off my desk

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Very sweet! I love all animals, and I feel they have a sense for what us humans need. They just have something we don't (: I'm very happy that you have such a sweet baby in your life.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Piston is certainly an intelligent boy.  I saw your other thread, too - he's so beautiful.  It does not surprise me that he's functioning so well as a therapy cat - cat's understand a lot more than they are often given credit for.  It's wonderful he just knew how to anchor you.  You have a very special guy there!  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gothikitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is such a joy. He really is so smart. He follows me around the house. He very rarely is anywhere other than with me

inanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your musings about Piston brought such a huge smile to my face. Aren't cats just greatest? His name is awesome! How did he get it?
I love the pictures of him, totally shows the facets of his personality. Thank you for sharing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gothikitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Actually, he was named that at the animal shelter. It fit him so I just kept it. He was an adult when I got him and he was stressed. I think he belonged to someone before me.