Pioneer stainless steel water fountain?

3catsforme

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi not sure if I am using the right section for this post so sorry if not. I want to buy a water fountain for my 3 cats. I am leaning towards the pioneer big max stainless model. Does anyone currently have this model? Thoughts about it. I want one thats pump is easy to clean. I read reviews on amazon for this model and it's seems good. All the fountains have good and bad reviews so? Thanks

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't know anything about that particular fountain, but I DO have a fountain, and the cats enjoy using it.  Mine is the Drinkwell Platinum.  There is a thread on this site, however, where people were discussing the one you're looking at.  Trouble is, no one came back and said if they bought it or not!  Maybe they'll see your thread and let you know

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the Pioneer stainless steel Raindrop fountain, it's similar but it's the smaller version. I've found it very easy to clean. I haven't had any problems with it. The only thing I don't like about it is even though the outside is stainless steel, the pump, the filter and the parts that hold the filter are all plastic so it's not completely stainless steel. I guess there's really no way to have a totally plastic-free pump, though.

aeevr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It might be my fault for putting the pump housing in the dishwasher (only the top, I'm not that stupid), but the suction cups totally stopped working after a few months and it would float around in the bowl and make lots of noise. Now I just use the bowl. 

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It might be my fault for putting the pump housing in the dishwasher (only the top, I'm not that stupid), but the suction cups totally stopped working after a few months and it would float around in the bowl and make lots of noise. Now I just use the bowl. 
Did you check to see if it was dishwasher safe?

quinnderella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have the Pioneer Stainless raindrop too, and I love it. The pump went out on me after 2 years, but I found a replacement online very easily and very affordably. My cat adores it, although she still splashes water across the floor sometimes just for fun. Guess you just have to get used to wet socks in the name of love!

I don't like the plastic housings in it either, but so far she hasn't had nearly the same problems she had after sing a plastic fountain (cysts are not good!).