Pioneer Pet Big Max Style Water Fountain Help

fromthevalley

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Feel free to move. Wasn’t sure where to put this.

Okay so I bought the big max style water fountain and the cats love it. However I noticed that it easily collects food and hair particles and they don’t get collected by the filter, so they just sit in the main bowl part. This thing holds like a gallon of water, nd I have to use store bought because my water isn’t safe, so I really don’t want to clean this thing every single day. I clean everything once a week but it just gets so yucky in between.

Does anyone else notice this? Or have any ideas on what to do so I don’t have to clean it every day?

EmmiTemmi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure what could help in between the weekly cleanings. I have the same issue. Sometimes if there's a large chunk of hair or food I'll go in with my fingers or a paper towel and grab it up to spot clean. Or maybe you could use a netted scoop thing (like the ones they use in fish tanks) to spot clean some places where the gunk is piling up. And then you could also buy a Brita water filter pitcher so you don't have to keep using store bought water whenever you clean!

Maybe others will have better ideas though.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've always had this same issue with my Petmate fountain. Mooch likes to dip her paws in it. I feed them on the other side of the kitchen; so food doesn't get in. But fur, litter :barfgreen: and things like that still get in. I'm really not sure what you can do besides moving the food away at least.