Pinking?

WillOTheWisp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!

This picture is from a maiden 22 month old Scottish Straight. I'm not sure when she mated, the breeder sold her to me with the possibility she might be pregnant, she hasn't taken to previous breedings. The breeder found out this weekend my cats litter mate had her first litter so they might be late bloomers? Also, she did not like the first stud but did like the second. I'm guessing she is coming up to 3 weeks now or very soon. I've had her a week and I feel like there's more color in this picture then before, her nipples do stick out. In our contract the breeder put her due date ads July 6- Aug 6 which is not helpful!

Thanks for your advice! (FYI we are planning to show/finish her)

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It looks like that may be a pregnant nipple. She should begin to show in her tummy at about the 5-week mark, and you may know more then.

Has she been acting differently?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WillOTheWisp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, I've only had her a week so I can't speak to behavior changes. She's very lovey, purrs a lot when she isn't sleeping and wants to be petted. She loves to eat but I understand that's normal for her

WillOTheWisp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know there are a lot more pressing questions on this site but I'm hoping for a few more experienced answers :D:kneading:

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 is one of our most experienced and extremely helpful members regarding pregnant cats and kittens.

You might receive more answers by posting pictures of your cat -
Perhaps time-lapse pictures from above or from the side every week? Pictures like this would help other members offer relevant advice.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sorry you have not received more replies, but there is no way for us to know whether your cat is pregnant at this time besides pinking nipples and behavior.

Pregnant cats eat more, sleep more, and are more affectionate.

However, since you have only had her for a week and are not more familiar with her behavior, I would suggest an ultrasound at the vet's office for a definitive answer.

Otherwise, her tummy should begin to round on both sides around the 5-week point in the pregnancy.

Around week 7 you would be able to see and feel kitten movement. :)

WillOTheWisp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks! Tonight I got this photo so I'm feeling pretty confident now! She does eat a lot, sleep a lot and is very affectionate but I have nothing else to compare
IMAG2362.jpg
to lol

Bailey2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to figure out if my girl is pregnant as well. She possibly mated 4 weeks ago. Took her to the vet yesterday and could not get confirmation. They said mayne they felt something but maybe it was her colon?? Lol. So hard not knowing. They also sod they don't see very many pregnant cats so they don't have a lot of experience palpating. Attaching a pic of her nipples 1 week ago for you to compare..lol They haven't changed much in the last week I don't think. She really won't let me look. She is looking fuller in her belly but maybe she's just a little piggy..lol. She is also very lovable.

Attachments

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An ultra sound or x ray (when far enough along) to confirm pregnancy could be done. Sometimes the change in the nipples are very subtle, at least in my girls.

WillOTheWisp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi just an update, I'm pretty sure now that we're expecting! After talking to the breeder we've got a due date around 7/24!

Attachments

WillOTheWisp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm trying to figure out if my girl is pregnant as well. She possibly mated 4 weeks ago. Took her to the vet yesterday and could not get confirmation. They said mayne they felt something but maybe it was her colon?? Lol. So hard not knowing. They also sod they don't see very many pregnant cats so they don't have a lot of experience palpating. Attaching a pic of her nipples 1 week ago for you to compare..lol They haven't changed much in the last week I don't think. She really won't let me look. She is looking fuller in her belly but maybe she's just a little piggy..lol. She is also very lovable.
Hi, what's the update on your cat??

WillOTheWisp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just wanted to update this thread in case anyone googles it later (which is how I found this wonderful sight of course!). My wonderful Queen had 4 beauties on July 31st! So my cat was most definitely pinking!

Attachments