Pinking up??

Twinkiedoo78

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is about 2 1/2 years old. I was unable to establish her with a vet in our area as a kitten due to covid and then financial struggles. She got out around the 11th of February while in heat for about 10 hours. I'm unsure what "pinking up" looks like so if any of you could help I'd appreciate it unless its too early to know.

Attachments

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she got out probably but a vet would be able to tell you. Do you want kittens? Spaying her now would be much cheaper than having a litter of kittens to be honest. If finances are still a concern that is or if you don't want kittens. I spent easily over $300 for my foster cat and kittens in the first few months.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Twinkiedoo78

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If she got out probably but a vet would be able to tell you. Do you want kittens? Spaying her now would be much cheaper than having a litter of kittens to be honest. If finances are still a concern that is or if you don't want kittens. I spent easily over $300 for my foster cat and kittens in the first few months.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Twinkiedoo78

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am checking into vets in my area. The one I spoke to said it would be 2-3 weeks to get a new patient appointment and by then I would know anyways. Also, due to disability, I don't drive so I have to secure transportation which is yet another factor. Thank you for your info regarding costs which is a very important factor in considering options!

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am checking into vets in my area. The one I spoke to said it would be 2-3 weeks to get a new patient appointment and by then I would know anyways. Also, due to disability, I don't drive so I have to secure transportation which is yet another factor. Thank you for your info regarding costs which is a very important factor in considering options!
Call around to vets to find out prices to spay a possibly pregnant cat and timeline. You can also contact rescues as some might offer rescue rates to get her fixed. Costwise it is for sure cheaper. With a mom and just 2 kittens, you are feeding the amount of 6 cats, and of course the litter too. Plus the extra litter boxes, toys, scratching posts it got up there pretty quick lol