Pinking up?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s hard to say, but possibly. Has she been around intact male cats? Are you trying to breed her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bronson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes but he’s only 7 months. And no I’m not. But my boy has his appt to be neutered at the end of this week.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hmm. You could go ahead and get her spayed now too. It would alleviate heat cycles and pregnancy worries. Female cats are healthier and happier and live longer if spayed.

Most seven month old males cannot complete the deed but it is possible. If she is by chance pregnant it is early enough now to spay without it being a problem.

What do you think?

Bronson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well to be honest, I’d rather spay her after she has completed weaning the kittens at 8 weeks, if she is pregnant. I’ll for sure be keeping one and I have family members that would also be willing so in that context, I’m fine.
If she was having a phantom pregnancy, would her nipples pink up?
Also usually most males start puberty at 7-9 months correct? So if so, then she’ll only be pregnant if he’s fertile and then this is a phantom.?

Bronson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I’ll wait a couple weeks, if she resumes her heat cycles in 3 weeks then it was only a phantom pregnancy and spay her then.

Bronson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also do her nipples look a little chafed? If so can I apply Vaseline?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, males start puberty early. That is, their testosterone begins to come in, but many are still very immature as far as sexual activity goes until they are closer to 18 months old, but it’s not impossible at all.

Yes, so if she has no heat cycle, and her nipples become more prominent, she may be pregnant. She would begin to show at around 5 weeks pregnant.

However, some cats can have a phantom pregnancy, or, a cat’s heat cycle can mimic a pregnancy with pink nipples due to hormonal fluctuations, so it’s really hard to know right now.

Keep the males away from her at this point since you do not want to spay her yet, and give it a couple of weeks.

Keep us posted and we’ll take it from there.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
And yes, you can apply vaseline, coconut oil, or olive oil to lubricate her nipples. But if they are chafed, that means she’s licking them, which means they are changing, which means she is likely pregnant. We’ll know in a couple of weeks. :)

Bronson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay thank you for the advice!!
I’ll keep you updated since this is around 2.5-3 weeks.
She’s had a litter in the past but I adopted her when her kittens were 9 days old. They’re beautiful

Attachments

Bronson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
7 months. I gave the grey and white boy to my sister. The little white and black girl seemed lonely so I got her a little playmate. He’s the same age. 2 weeks older. And he’s the one I’m concerned about that could have potentially mated with my queen.
This is my boy Charlie

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He’s getting neutered this week, right? Can you get the female kitten spayed soon too?

Bronson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They’re all inside cats. We live on the 4th floor of the apartment. The only time they’re outside is when I take them on a lease LOL.
I’m quite alternative with my style and she was the runt and is still quite little so I wanted her body to uptake some estrogen to strength bone structures and other vital features before spaying her.
Charlie is going on Thursday. And I’ll make an appointment for her in nov or dec.

Bronson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There is space to separate them and we’ve done it before lol. So if her heats resume, I’ll get her spayed as well

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sounds good. :)

Be advised that he may have viable sperm for up to a month after his neuter.

Bronson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I also have a question about him. I adopted him when he was 10-12 weeks old. Assuming he was a tabby, as he’s growing bigger he’s showing some traits that could correspond with some maybe bengal or Savannah genetics. He’s getting more brown on him instead of grey. And he has spots on his back that are getting defined too. He’s as big as my 2 year old girl and he’s only like 7 months old. He also has these huge back legs that remind me of bugs bunny lol.

Bronson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just took some pics of them now. He’s sleeping beside my 2 year old girl. The spots are along his spine. Like maybe he’s has some background or would that be full tabby?

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He’s got beautiful markings! Sounds like he’s going to be a big guy! :)