Pimples On Lower Lip, What? Help

kittyloverrr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys!
So on sunday I noticed that my boy’s lower lip was kind of swollen and pinkish but I thought it was nothing. Then yesterday you could see two pimple like bump in his lower lip. Come today and now he has super tiny more than two pimple like bumps on his lips. What can this be? He is eating wet and also kibble. Haven’t introduced him to new food recently either.
TIA

pics of it:

This was today
EC9D60CB-72C3-4ED1-9421-E868F3504576.jpeg

this was yesterday
DD12E5DD-E56C-48FA-8EAF-BD01766DDCB1.jpeg

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cats can get acne on their chin. Just like with humans pretty much. The number one way to prevent it and help it clear is to switch tometal or ceramic bowls for food/water. Clean the bowls regularly to prevent oil build up that transfers to the chin and causes the acne. Since yours doesn't look too bad you should see a vast improvement in just a week or two if you switch.... Assuming you are using plastic now.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dont know what it is, but as it seems to be getting worse i would have a vet check. Maybe some type of infection? He may need some medications.
do keep us updated.

I did have a cat with chin acne, but it didn't look like this. there were a lot of little black specks. But different cats, different looks? Im not sure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyloverrr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats can get acne on their chin. Just like with humans pretty much. The number one way to prevent it and help it clear is to switch tometal or ceramic bowls for food/water. Clean the bowls regularly to prevent oil build up that transfers to the chin and causes the acne. Since yours doesn't look too bad you should see a vast improvement in just a week or two if you switch.... Assuming you are using plastic now.
Hi he has stainless steel bowls, not plastics. I’m guessing it could be the wet food oil/product sticking to his lip?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It could be. I'd make a vet appointment since you already are using stainless steel. Chin acne is the common answer for that one but using stainless makes it less likely.