Piercing

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck with whatever happens! I want a new tattoo too, but just can't decide exactly what I want or where I want it. But Patrick finally decided what he wants his first tattoo to be, and I think I may pay for him to have it done for his birthday (coming up on August 28).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AshleyNicole

Good luck with whatever happens! I want a new tattoo too, but just can't decide exactly what I want or where I want it. But Patrick finally decided what he wants his first tattoo to be, and I think I may pay for him to have it done for his birthday (coming up on August 28).
Fun!! John & I actually just got back from the tattoo parlor
I'm getting an addition to the tattoo I have right now - my zodiak sign - and I'm having koi fish and lotus flowers circling it - the fish are giong to be black & white, and the lotus flowers are going to be pink and yellow. I'm SO excited to get it done!

I also asked them about the piercing, and of course, they suggested a needle as well

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. When I tried to do mine, it got all infected and I had to let it close. I really wanna try again though!!

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Fun!! John & I actually just got back from the tattoo parlor
I'm getting an addition to the tattoo I have right now - my zodiak sign - and I'm having koi fish and lotus flowers circling it - the fish are giong to be black & white, and the lotus flowers are going to be pink and yellow. I'm SO excited to get it done!

I also asked them about the piercing, and of course, they suggested a needle as well
Sounds beautiful! We get to see pics afterwards, right?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AshleyNicole

Sounds beautiful! We get to see pics afterwards, right?
Duh!!

I'm in love with Koi Fish & Lotus flowers

vicious vaness

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I also agree to stay away from the piercing guns. I've heard way too many bad stories about the results of the gun.

On both ears, I have 3 done on my lobes, and also my rook, daith and tragus. I was told that the rook would hurt the most, but it didn't hurt. Well, the only time it hurt was about a week after I got the piercing, I forgot that I had a new piercing. I put my head into a motorcycle helmet, it went fine going in, but when I took of the helmet, it felt like I ripped it off.

Just remember to keep it clean. I used the ear piercing solution that can be found at Claires.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol forget that, I had my cousin do my ear, with the ice and hot needle,
end up with a bad infection etc, (then had to explain to my mother why i put a whole in my head at the age of 14 .... this was before it become cool for guys to have)no way, use the gun......

i know 90% of the young women at the local mall,that work that do that, had have seen them clean the stuff after each use.

i have three at the bottom and one at the top on my left ear.

nekokaasan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My left ear cartilage is pierced. I didn't pick left out of any kind of concern over convention, I just prefer to sleep on my right side.

It didn't hurt at all. It was done by a professional piercer with a sterile needed and healed cleanly and well. Now when I had my inner conch pierced? That hurt a little, because the cartilage is so much thicker and I could actually hear it crunch as he pushed the needle through - but I loved that piercing so much!

I couldn't sleep on that side for a couple of months, but now I go and do everything just like I always have with no problems. I've had the upper cartilage done for about five years now, and I had the inner conch for about two years before I had to take it out.

I can't afford it right now, but I really want to get some more piercings.

Also, I support the no-gun thing. Sterile needles with professional piercers are much safer!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

lol forget that, I had my cousin do my ear, with the ice and hot needle,
end up with a bad infection etc, (then had to explain to my mother why i put a whole in my head at the age of 14 .... this was before it become cool for guys to have)no way, use the gun......

i know 90% of the young women at the local mall,that work that do that, had have seen them clean the stuff after each use.

i have three at the bottom and one at the top on my left ear.
There is no way to completely sterilize a piercing gun...this same gun is used again and again and again, on a variety of people everyday. They can clean the gun with antibacterial solution, but this does NOT kill Hepatitus strains, or even HIV. The only way to be pierced is by a professional piercer in a sterile studio with a single-use prepacked autoclaved piercing needle.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nekokaasan

Now when I had my inner conch pierced? That hurt a little, because the cartilage is so much thicker and I could actually hear it crunch as he pushed the needle through - but I loved that piercing so much!

I couldn't sleep on that side for a couple of months, but now I go and do everything just like I always have with no problems. I've had the upper cartilage done for about five years now, and I had the inner conch for about two years before I had to take it out.
I have both of my inner conchs done, and they were pierced with an 8g...not your traditional 14g. Oh my ever-lovin-lord did that hurt. I just about fainted after the first piercing, and strongly debated getting the other side done. And then there's the crunchy sound...blech!!! None of my other ear piercings (or body piercings) hurt like these babies! Not even the nipples!!!

The way I see it, my conches are there to stay. I do love them...they took FOREVER to heal completely (almost a full year), and throbbed for a good 4 or 5 months afterwards. I do love them, though.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys are awesome, thank you SO much for all your suggestions and stories!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Man! I feel like such a sissy reading this thread! I won't get a tattoo or anything else pierced...only my ers once. It hurts too much & I'm a sissy!(proud of it, too)

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Man! I feel like such a sissy reading this thread! I won't get a tattoo or anything else pierced...only my ers once. It hurts too much & I'm a sissy!(proud of it, too)
Thats okay!

I love piercings and tattoos, I'll come home and we can go get tattoo's together!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't read thru this whole thread, and I may have posted this already, but do not clean with RUBBING ALCOHOL or hydroget peroxide!! They both SLOW the healing process by drying and killing the healthy cells! Don't use ointments either like Bacitracin or Neosporen, they try to heal the skin and slow oxygen from going to the tissue. Use salt soaks for cleaning and loosening dry material on the skin (¼ teaspoon of sea salt or teaspoon of table salt dissolved in about 8 oz of water). Dial soap can be used too if necessary, I have also heard Witch Hazel is good and Bactine.

But DO NOT USE RUBBING ALCOHOL or ointments.

hollyncats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Im 13 and i have my lobe peirced 2x and my cartiladge done 1x on 1 ear but sometime when i get the money im going to get my cartiladge that is on the inside of my ear done and it hurts like crazy but i like the thrill of getting peircings and the cartiladge only hurt for a few hours after i got it done and then it was just fine but only till someone hit it did it hurt!!
GOOD LUCK!!