Pictures of Zues Bathing!

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Crazy-Cat-Lover
I flea bathed him and put his treatment on. It's Summer and the fleas get bad.
Thank you, that's what I thought, which is why I asked if he had fleas.

Personally, unless they have fleas, a medical condition or really long hair that gets super dirty and the cat cant clean it himself, I see no reason to bathe a cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zues is going to be a big kitty! His dad, Rascal, is just over a year old and is 38 inches long! He weighs 13 pounds. Rascal will grow for another year or more, he is a Maine Coon cross!

Here's Rascal, Zues' daddy!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Sicycat
Personally, unless they have fleas, a medical condition or really long hair that gets super dirty and the cat cant clean it himself, I see no reason to bathe a cat.
I agree with that! I imagine if you did it too often (to a short hair) it could dry out their skin. My kitty gets brushed so much I don't think there's any chance of drying her skin out! (Plus she's a long hair Persian.) Her oil folacles get stimulated every day whether she likes it or not!

Tammie, Mommy to Peaches who has VERY long hair. And I mean VERY long!

dougbug

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
boy you guys that bath your kitties are braver than me, i have never tryed it, my sister did and geeee it was a trip from you know where
if blackie or stripey ever had to have a bath i think i would yell help from my vet

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loki dosen't needs baths besides I think I'd be in the ER if I'd try.
My mom's piper (Somali) goes to the groomers every 3 months or so since she gets greasy fur over time. My mom's other cat Cookie - well, no way!!! But she is very good about cleaning herself and laways look squeeky clean.