Pictures of Winter Cat Coats

helsic

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OMG I didn't know cats grow their fur in winter!!!

because I'm from a tropical country without seasons I wasn't aware of how difficult is to survive in winter months. Now I wonder if my cat will grow a winter coat in China...

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

OMG I didn't know cats grow their fur in winter!!!

because I'm from a tropical country without seasons I wasn't aware of how difficult is to survive in winter months. Now I wonder if my cat will grow a winter coat in China...
What part of China do you live in? The places I've been to were really cold. Isn't there a Chinese greeting that translates as "How many pairs of trousers are you wearing?" Maybe that's only used in the frozen north. 

anna917

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They're very pretty cats (above posts). What type of cat is Carl?
Anyway, I didn't get my cat until last December but I did feel her coat prior to that at the end of October. She had been living outside but between the time I found her and the time I actually adopted her, I didn't notice any changes in the thickness of her coat. This year, however, her coat has gotten much thicker. She's a short hair, so unless you'd seen her before you wouldn't notice that she looks a little puffier. That, and she's put on some weight, that I'm trying to help her shed. In any case, I started noticing it a couple of weeks ago and didn't realize that her coat would get thicker, especially since she's inside all the time. After sitting on my lap the other day, she left quite a bit more hair behind than usual too. The fluffy coat does feel good when you stroke it though. 
I'm not sure what type of cat Carl is. I got him at the shelter, so your guess is as good as mine!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

merlin2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

katiev

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What pretty colours, especially the tail!!! [emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]128571[/emoji]