Pictures of my Apartment!

creepyowl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love the fireplace

The apartment I'm moving from has a wood buring fire place that I am totally gonna miss

Good luck in your new place.

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How can any apartment be bare with two beautiful cats on the back of the couch? I love your new place, and I'm jealous of the fireplace. I've been in my apartment for about 7 years now and I'm still making it homey-you've done a great job!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww! Thanks so much Guys!
I'm really happy here. It's a big change from back home, but it just feels good here. I've lived in other places & never felt "at home".

Thanks for liking my Fireplace! Sad thing about it, I'll never EVER use it! I just know I'll burn the whole place down if I attempted to do that, plus I don't like the thought of it burning while I'm sleeping & etc. I worry about the cats too much & I know first hand how dang nosey they are...they'd probably catch themselves on fire!

Definitely don't need that...so I'll just settle with my central gas heat!

Thanks again everyone! I'll post more pic's once I get my dining room finished!

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very nice!

I didn't get to see all the pics yet. (darn dial up is sooo slow) I'll check the rest out tomorrow. But I love what I've seen so far!

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You did a really good job in making your new apartment look cozy already! Your girls seem to have settled in nicely too.
And I love your shower curtain - it's so cute!

creepyowl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Shell
Awww! Thanks so much Guys!
I'm really happy here. It's a big change from back home, but it just feels good here. I've lived in other places & never felt "at home".

Thanks for liking my Fireplace! Sad thing about it, I'll never EVER use it! I just know I'll burn the whole place down if I attempted to do that, plus I don't like the thought of it burning while I'm sleeping & etc. I worry about the cats too much & I know first hand how dang nosey they are...they'd probably catch themselves on fire!

Definitely don't need that...so I'll just settle with my central gas heat!

Thanks again everyone! I'll post more pic's once I get my dining room finished!
I always use mine. Em usually sits near by to get the warmth. If you get or have a grate type thing to put in front the kitties shouldn't get into it while you have a fire or not.

One day I found ash paw prints all over my apartment. While I was gone Em got into the fireplace. I guess he was curious and it wasn't "hot" to him when he went in. I accidenly left the grate open a bit. He has NEVER gotten to close when the fire was burning....but he likes it.

hermoine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just one thing to say, maybe 2.
THAT'S AN APARTMENT? Looks better and bigger than my house.

Looks nice and I agree, you need a computer chair first!

Enjoy it all

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't get to see these pictures last night, so I'm a bit late, but thanks so much for sharing. I love your new apartment, and your compfy furniture.

You know what? I don't have a computer chair, either. And yes, I am in pain after a few hours on the computer.

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to get me some of those kitty throw pillows LOL!
Great place

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks lovely, Shell. Good luck w/ your new place

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW, SHELL! Your new place looks SO cute!!!! I love you kitty cat couch pillows...the look so REAL
-- Hey..did they ever get that bird out of your chimney?

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah...the bird is gone. I called maintence over to look at it & he was a complete moran. He said the only thing he could do was cut a hole in the wall to get it out!
I told him to forget about it & I'm sure the bird will leave...or die.

So far, not peep from the birdie in 2 days. The cats were going nuts about that bird! They try so hard to get into the fireplace so they have eat him for lunch!

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my little pad! Still haven't gotten that chair...maybe this weekend!

george'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shell, your apartment is lovely!
When you do go shopping for a computer chair. . . . be sure that you measure the distance between your desk and the floor. . I made the mistake of buying a nice big comfy chair. . . . had my son assemble it. . . . . and then discovered that there wasn't enough clearance between the keyboard tray and our legs underneath! We had to put the assembled chair back in the box and exchange it for a different one.

Just a hint if you are afraid to use your fireplace. . . .
You could purchase a special insert that is made up of votive candles. . . . . . I've seen them in catalogs. They are really pretty.

Congratulations on your new home!

Laurie

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ooo..I like those! I'll have to check those out!

Bad thing about candles..they're not to be burned inside the apartment, but I do anyway. It's just weird. They let you burn wood in the fireplace & smoke if you like,but you're not allowed to burn candles.

Thanks for the link! They looks so pretty!