Pictures needed!! Feral cats.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Also, just a quick FYI - in the suburbs, there are ALWAYS cats that need help. It can be difficult to tell between a neighbor's roaming cat eating from the food you put out (though that never stopped us from having them sterilized
), and a kitty abandoned by people who've moved away, or a feral cat. Ideally, strays that seem like ferals because they've been on their own for a while should be fostered and adopted out - but that's best done working with a rescue. Even if they can't be fostered and adopted, it is STILL better to trap and have them sterilized to help prevent even more unwanted kitties.... but it can be tough releasing a cat you know would make a great pet.

Laurie

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

Awwwwww....this thread is making me sad....There was a feral kitten that I was feeding and working with where I worked. She was beautiful, tabby with white toes, belly stripe and chest patch. Around 5-6 months and came running every time I called her.....I worked at a plant nursery/garden center outside and she would hang out with me all day, she would eat right next to me, just wouldn't let me touch her. Every day she would get a little closer, even played with a branch with me eventually....Then I was forced to quit, the day before Christmas actually, because they owed me 3 weeks pay. I'm teared up right now thinking about her, this is the first time I have talked about it.......Unfortunately where I worked is not close to where I live and difficult to get to. I hope she is ok
That`s really sad
Hopefully she has latched on to someone else kind enough to watch out for her