Picture of the view out your front door

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
In Springtime? Out your front door?
Ha! We're nowhere near. It's still snowing here, we usually get snow until the end of April, then the first blossom about the middle of May.

I'll post some pictures if spring ever arrives.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha! We're nowhere near. It's still snowing here, we usually get snow until the end of April, then the first blossom about the middle of May.

I'll post some pictures if spring ever arrives.
Thanks!

Hope you and your family are safe.

I'm from Northern Ohio, so I know that feeling of "when will spring actually get here . . . . "
Which made it so wonderful when it finally did.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, that's kind of the plains states' entire description :D. Sometimes it gets monotonous but the storms are amazing when you can see an entire half-sphere of sky.
Kind of like a storm in Florida, too. No hills, just that bowl of sky.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, it's so flat! Whichever direction I go from my house seems to be uphill. This was the view from my front door about a week ago. Still a tiny bit of snow around, but the cherry blossom is starting to come out.

View attachment 332790
How about a picture in the fall?

You must be way up there in the mountains!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have many from my front door unless somebody is at my house picking up one of my husband's hot rods to restore. He likes a picture to mark the occasion. Here are a couple from last year. View is still the same pretty much. We had just expanded our porch and finally got to put our table and chair set out there. That is why the wood and bucket are in the yard. :lol:
20191110_090754.jpg
20191115_085643.jpg

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are getting our first measurable snow today. This is a view directly out my front door.

View attachment 323214

This gnarled maple tree is to the right of my front porch. It is one of my favorite trees. I do wish there were not maple trees planted all around my house. Four of them have gone down. Thank heavens none have hit the house!

View attachment 323210
If those are silver maples, they're really prone to rot, yowza. They like to, as we used to say in another context, get down. (All the way down.)

Still, love the character of the one pictured.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a red maple. A friend had three silver maples! All three went down while he lived there. Pretty trees, I like maples, but I would not plant them near my house!

Here is a picture that shows more of the tree. The branches were trimmed back before I got here over 30 years ago. And then the branches over the house were trimmed 7 or 8 years ago. On the right, you can see the trunk of a giant red maple that went down almost ten years ago. It was over three feet thick! It missed my carport by less than ten feet. When it hit the cement driveway, the whole house shook!

IMG_7060 1.JPG

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
How about a picture in the fall?

You must be way up there in the mountains!
We get our really beautiful colours next month, but the leaves are starting to change. I'll post some pics soon. There's a typhoon going past today and I'll get blown away if I step outside.

;)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's from the front (facing south), this field hasn't been harvested yet. It's been very windy lately and strong wind blowing through a dry cornfield is a really spooky sound!

20201010_131850.jpg

The field to the west has already been harvested:

20201010_131829.jpg