Picture of the Month Contest - Your Favorite Cat Photo - September 2014

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is my boy Felix. I don't have a theme, but I do have a good reason as to why i chose this picture. Felix was born via cesarean section and was the only surviving kitten out of a litter of 3. He was premature according to the vet and struggled for milk from his momma, so had to be hand fed for a while until he was strong enough to suckle properly.

Although he was getting milk from his momma and still being hand fed by me as extra nourishment, i soon realised his weight was low and he was quite skinny. He wouldn't wean for some reason, and he was diagnosed with a heart murmur by a vet, pending further examinations.

He eventually started eating kitten food at 11 weeks old but was still very small and underweight. Also his breathing was very fast and his ribs felt a funny shape, so back to vets it was, where they told me they suspected he had a problem with his lungs. They eventually ruled out a problem with his lungs and diagnosed him with an unfused ribcage.

He's 23 weeks old now and we are still unsure of exactly what has caused all these problems for him. Vets are looking into his symptoms and think he may have Flat Chested Kitten Syndrome (FCKS) or Pectus Excavatum (PE).

Here is Felix at 2 days old, before all of his problems really began.

caralian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awwww, he is absolutely adorable. And so tiny. 

But if he has FCKS, there was something wrong with his lungs, right? I thought that it was normally caused by lung collapse? There could be so many reasons for a lung collapse.. 

I am not familiar with Pectus Excavatum, but it sounds like something similar to FCKS? I mean, at least that's what the Latin tells me. I will read up on it.

I really hope everything will work out with your beautiful kitten. As the doctors aren't sure what's wrong with him, there is always hope it's not as bad as it seems. :)

He's beautiful.

Last edited:

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awwww, he is absolutely adorable. And so tiny. 

But if he has FCKS, there was something wrong with his lungs, right? I thought that it was normally caused by lung collapse? There could be so many reasons for a lung collapse.. 

I am not familiar with Pectus Excavatum, but it sounds like something similar to FCKS? I mean, at least that's what the Latin tells me. I will read up on it.

I really hope everything will work out with your beautiful kitten. As the doctors aren't sure what's wrong with him, there is always hope it's not as bad as it seems. :)

He's beautiful.
Yeah your absolutely correct, FCKS does affect the lungs in most cases. They they his lungs might be small but they are no too concerned, what i meant was they thought the problem with him was with his lungs but after examination they ruled it out.

I am going to get x rays done and this should tell is more.

Last edited:

caralian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah your absolutely correct, FCKS does affect the lungs in most cases. They they his lungs might be small but they are no too concerned, what i meant was they thought the problem with him was with his lungs but after examination they ruled it out.

I am going to get x rays done and this should tell is more.
Please keep us posted, I'm sure we all want to know how things are going with your cute little boy. :)

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've got a thread that I started when my girl Tiggs was pregnant. I update it with his progress or news concerning him. In general he's quite a lively kitten with the best personality.

wasabipea

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
May I change my submission? I'll delete the other one. This is my very favorite pic of Roni, I couldn't find it before.
She is ready for her closeup! xoxo baby girl.
I can't seem to edit my previous post to change/delete the pic... but this is my "official" submission. Sorry for the confusion!

Last edited:

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
May I change my submission? I'll delete the other one. This is my very favorite pic of Roni, I couldn't find it before.
She is ready for her closeup! xoxo baby girl.
I can't seem to edit my previous post to change/delete the pic... but this is my "official" submission. Sorry for the confusion!

what a lil cuddle bunny :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Sorry about being a day late here, but it's time to close the submissions! Stay tuned for the voting thread!