pics of baci and pixie (baby sugar glider)

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you take them in as injured/abandoned? In Australia they are not sold in pet shops/shelters like your usual cat/dogs/rabbits/birds etc. Is it a thing in America to buy overseas wildlife as pets?

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are you asking me or Baci-n-system? lol.

I rescued mine from a woman who was not taking care of them. They are 2 years old and for most of that time they were almost never handled.

They are making great progress! I can pet them both now, but they don't really like to be held. Spice actually glided onto my hubby's face the other day, it was so cute!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TortieBaby

Are you asking me or Baci-n-system? lol.

I rescued mine from a woman who was not taking care of them. They are 2 years old and for most of that time they were almost never handled.

They are making great progress! I can pet them both now, but they don't really like to be held. Spice actually glided onto my hubby's face the other day, it was so cute!
Sorry i meant Baci. I was just curious about how things happen overseas

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, I'm also amazed you can keep them as pets - they're always a creature I considered to be wild and needed a lot of space. Very curious that you can buy them as pets in the US!

Sugar gliders are absolutely beautiful creatures, so pretty

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow what wonderful creatures they are - I've never seen or even heard of them before
can you let them back into the wild ?

I'm afraid my cats would just chase and eat them

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

<3baci-n-system

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Did you take them in as injured/abandoned? In Australia they are not sold in pet shops/shelters like your usual cat/dogs/rabbits/birds etc. Is it a thing in America to buy overseas wildlife as pets?
they aren't sent overseas, people breed them in the u.s. for pets, but they are wild in australia...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

<3baci-n-system

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

wow what wonderful creatures they are - I've never seen or even heard of them before
can you let them back into the wild ?

I'm afraid my cats would just chase and eat them
no i live in NJ and their not wild here, it gets way too cold here for them. they need to be in atleast 75 degrees all the time. and even though a sugar glider is a wild animal mine are not. they were breed for being a pet. they were never in the wild who knows if they would survive?