Picky Kitty

Mimi527

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My foster kitty, and soon to be foster fail Artie just had his feeding tube removed this week after a little over a month of tube feedings to help clear his Fatty Liver. Now coming off of it we have been exploring new food. One problem is he likes super expensive food like Earthborne Wet food and I haven't gotten him to munch on any dry food.

Does anyone have any recommendations for DRY food cats can't seem to get enough of and maybe some cheaper wet foods kitties seem to love because he needs to find something he loves to eat

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wet foods are what are truly healthy for a cat. I feed wet twice daily and leave weight management dry out for them to munch on because they can't give that up. There are many dry foods out there that are all meat now, farm supply stores have a good selection of that. For wet, you might try fancy feast gravy lovers, my cats love that and it is cheaper. They also love even cheaper yet Friskies Treasures in turkey and cheese, You might have to start him out on a cheap dry, believe it or not, cats seem to be drawn to cheaper foods, like Kit and Kaboodle, or Friskies Seafood blend. Then you can gradually change him over to a higher grade food later. I have dry food because we like to take our little overnight trips and I don't have any friends or relatives that can take care of my cats.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Every cat is different in what they like, same as humans. We could recommend all day long, but it might not make any difference. You may simply need to run to Petco or Petsmart, or Walmart or Target, or wherever you can find a supply of cat food, and pick up a few different cans of food, different textures, different flavors, different brands, and see what happens. That's what I've been doing for one of mine, who I swear is the pickiest cat in the entire world. He doesn't even like Earthborn, so count yourself lucky that you have at least one food yours will eat. As far as dry, same goes, I guess. I don't know much about dry food, but have heard that cats seem to gravitate to the cheapest stuff you can find, like meow mix and fancy feast.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tiny Tiger wet food on Chewy is my picky kitty's favorite food. For her dry crunchies (she gets 1 tbsp before I go to bed), she likes Instinct.