Picky Eaters

dana17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Help, we have 2 cats around 2 years old. Lately, they go by their food, sniff it, eats a little and walk away. It seems like thry r bored of their food. I have spent ALOT money and bought many food, dry and wet. They sniff it, eat a little and walk away. The wet food, lick the juice and doesnt eat the meat. What do i do bc i feel that they r not eating enough. went from eating alot to barely eating.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Have they had a recent vet visit? Sometimes changes in eating behavior could mean an illness, even something as simple as an URI where they can't smell their food as well.

I also have a girl that gets bored of flavors, so I rotate her wet food every meal. She's ok with that, but some cats aren't.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dana17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi! I think, and hope they r fine bc they r drinking water, sleeping, playing and always in need of scratches and petting haha. Our issue is that these cats were feral and when we first took them in end of last year to the vet to get fixed and shots, it wasn't easy and they dont do good w other people, so taking them see a vet is difficult right now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dana17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I did not.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe try some Fancy Feast Classic Pate or Friskies Pate.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitties prefer pate, especially if I add some warm water and make it very soupy. One that all three seemed to really enjoy was Life’s Abundance. It’s only available on their website (Lifesabundance.com) but they sell individual cans so you can try it out.

Rini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I second the pate idea! Wet food in general is more palatable.

It is more expensive but Aslan just loves Weruva Cats in the Kitchen.