Pic Posting Problems....

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Ok I took the *'s out.

I still hope Ryan can fix it. Im not a PC person, change is not good for me
Sorry. I can't fix this, but I was notified of the problem previously and have forwarded it.
It's out of my hands though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

Sorry. I can't fix this, but I was notified of the problem previously and have forwarded it.
It's out of my hands though.
Thank You for looking and forwarding it to the fixer

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This problem is driving me crazy. I have been patient like you but a month of this problem is getting to be a bit much. I do wish someone would get this fixed!!!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

That's cool! Don't think photobucket does that.
It does. Just copy the last line of the four under the photo, where it says IMG Code, and paste it.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

It does. Just copy the last line of the four under the photo, where it says IMG Code, and paste it.
Yes, that's what I do now. But just c&p the photo itself? I'll try it.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Yes, that's what I do now. But just c&p the photo itself? I'll try it.
Copy and paste that last line. Up until this last server switch, I had no trouble using the little yellow icon to post pics, which I tested using various servers, although it was easier to c&p, but today it isn't working with Firefox or Opera for me. I don't use IE unless absolutely necessary - too many security holes.

This is a matter for the vBulletin developers to work out; TCS has no control over it.

While I can understand members' impatience with the inconvenience, there's not much TCS can do, other than inform the developers of glitches.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been following this thread and scratching my head, because I can't find anything wrong with the usual ways of posting pics. I normally use the fourth offering from Photobucket, labelled "IMG Code", click it (which copies it) and then paste it without any further adjustment and not using any of the icons on the edit screen. That's how this image was added...

I've noticed people talking about the "yellow envelope" -- that's for email links. If that's the icon you're trying to use, that would probably explain why it's not working. The icon for image links is the one next to it, that looks like a postcard. It works just fine, too, using the second line of code offered by Photobucket, labelled "URL link".

But maybe I have totally misunderstood the problem, in which case I'll go back in my cage.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It isn't that it is the wrong button, when you click on them it brings up a new box with the TCS header but no box to add the URL not the usual script box to just add the URL (in IE only)

(like this - link because the image is fairly large)

As far as the photobucket, this may help people

If you click that IMG box it will say copied and then you can just post that link in the text box on TCS rather than using any of the buttons

If you host elsewhere, just put
after your link with no spaces between the them and the link and it will work the same

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

I've been following this thread and scratching my head, because I can't find anything wrong with the usual ways of posting pics. I normally use the fourth offering from Photobucket, labelled "IMG Code", click it (which copies it) and then paste it without any further adjustment and not using any of the icons on the edit screen. That's how this image was added...

I've noticed people talking about the "yellow envelope" -- that's for email links. If that's the icon you're trying to use, that would probably explain why it's not working. The icon for image links is the one next to it, that looks like a postcard. It works just fine, too, using the second line of code offered by Photobucket, labelled "URL link".

But maybe I have totally misunderstood the problem, in which case I'll go back in my cage.
You haven't misunderstood

But, it is that image link icon (not the envelope) that is not working for many of us. I started out using that until this last upgrade when it stopped working. Now I use the IMG option in photobucket which does the very same thing and is just as easy
I simply had never noticed that photobucket option :doh: until icklemiss21 pointed it out.