Photoshop masterpiece

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, I am a guy. And like a lot of guys I fantasize being a photographer of women. But wait, hold it. I know that 94% of you are women so I will try and explain this to you.

First of all, photography has been the passion of my life. I still have my first 35mm SLR from forty years ago. Twenty years ago I had a dark room. Then came Photoshop. I wonder how many people still have a dark room?

I have been an admirer of women photographers for a long time. No, I do not subscribe to Hustler, but to POPULAR SCIENCE. And on page 26 of the August issue of same is the most artistic thing I have ever seen in my life. It is by David La Chapelle, the foremost photographer of women. (IMHO.)

So DW walks in while I am examining the picture and I tell her I am just trying to figure out the elements of Photoshop that were used and exactly how this amazing photo was produced.

Here is what is so great about this photo. While it is a full frontal nudity shot of a very young woman, there is nothing to see. Yet you see everything in your imagination which is why it was featured in Popular Science, which shows the leading edge of technology. Very creative use of shadow color and bubbles make you think you are seeing something, yet nothing is there. I know, you are going to say only dirty old men see something. All I can say is that I see this masterpiece for what it is.

If you are interested in the extreme in creative photography, see this photo. Internet users can find it so I will not include a link here nor attach the photo since females dominate this site. If you see it, let me know what you think. To me it is the most creative photo I have ever seen and I would say this even if it were a photo of a man....(DW believes me).

Yeah, either I am just a dirty old man or somebody that can appreciate great photography and what Photoshop is capable of.