Photos of my little girl Abby

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is almost definitely pregnant.

Can you keep her 100% inside and away from intact males until the kittens have weaned? Do you plan to have her spayed after this litter?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darcystaley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I can keep her inside. I have a Male but he has been fixed, and they are getting along fine. I will definitely be having her fixed when they are wined. We cannot afford to keep the babies though, as we have 2 inside now, and 4 that we feed outside that live on our barn. They have been fixed though. I thought she might be pregnant. Now I have to try and find her a quiet place for her to have them, away from any noise, get her food water, and litter close to her box. Thank you.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I understand its a quitet and safe room.  Usually they want to have a more private quarters, perhaps inside a big cardbord box.   But if you notice she seems nervous, change to some more shielded...   :)

Congrats!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wonderful! When did she have them and how many? [emoji]128571[/emoji]

darcystaley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your advise. We had her in a cardboard box, but it was to small, and she was laying on her babies, and they were screaming out because of it. Should she start being nervous we will change the box. I have an indoor male, who has been fixed, aND he us very sweet, but we are having to keep the area gated off to keep him away from the babies. We don't have any other part if the house that we can keep her in because of heat resources, and keeping her, and the babies warm. We heat with kerosene, and it's not that cold outside right now, but still gets chilly away from the portable heater we have in the laundry area. I need desperately to do laundry, and I am afraid it may frighten heras well. I'm more nervous than she is right now.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you for your advise. We had her in a cardboard box, but it was to small, and she was laying on her babies, and they were screaming out because of it. Should she start being nervous we will change the box. I have an indoor male, who has been fixed, aND he us very sweet, but we are having to keep the area gated off to keep him away from the babies. We don't have any other part if the house that we can keep her in because of heat resources, and keeping her, and the babies warm. We heat with kerosene, and it's not that cold outside right now, but still gets chilly away from the portable heater we have in the laundry area. I need desperately to do laundry, and I am afraid it may frighten heras well. I'm more nervous than she is right now.
If he and momma are friends, and momma accepts him near, its not sure you need to separate them.  Qutie a few males are even helping out with the baby care.  Do superwise of coursse the first wisits - we arent so stupid just to be thrown into Situation, are we?

But if the circumstances are all OK, he may be allowed near the little family.  He may even help out.   :).

darcystaley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ah, so he's not the father!  How did she get pregnant?
She was outside. I brought her in as a stray to avoid her being in freezing weather,and voila. So now we have two cats and three babies inside, and four cats in the barn!! Three of which have been spade and neutered.