Photo Of The Week?

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Do we not do the photo of the week anymore? I can't remember who used to do it but I always enjoyed it. Just curious! I tried to "search" for it but I couldn't find any anymore.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That was discontinued when the blog section was. Anne explained the reason why here: Ideas For Our Photo Contests? (Post #47)

The Picture Of The Week photos were chosen by myself. I would go over all of the photos submitted to the site that week and pick my favorite. I did ask for members' input in the form of purraising images but it wasn't a very good system because it required people to click through to the image and purraise it in the gallery. Most didn't realize that and just purraised the post where the image was posted (which didn't help to surface the image).

Anyway, that's all in the past. In the new site format we no longer have a Picture Of The Week. For two reasons -
1. We no longer have a blog section, only articles by topic.
2. I don't have an easy way to browse through all of the photos submitted and embedded along the week like I used to have with the previous system.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I did notice it disappeared when the site was upgraded but I didn't know why!