Phone upgrade?

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband has the Motorola Atrix and he loves it. I wish I had it, but I have a blackberry torch. I just signed a 3 year contract in February so I am stuck with it for a while.

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I have downloaded the manuals for the Motorola Atrix and HTC Inspire, and I have to say the Motorola manual is much easier to understand. In addition, since my e-mail server is Yahoo, I've seen a number of people saying they've had trouble getting their e-mail properly set up.

Any comments?
TBH, the manuals aren't going to teach you Anything compared to what the phone can Really do, lol. Yahoo in general has trouble setting up on phones because it makes you pay for POP/Imap so it's hit or miss whether it will easily set up or whether you will have to do some googling to get it to work. I just paid for it to get it to work.
Either way, you have to set up a gmail in order to run android so you might as well switch over. Less spam too.

Also Atrixs just aren't selling and the ones I have sold, customers weren't happy. I mean you can always return it within the 30 days, but I wouldn't waste your time.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just upgraded my blackberry to a Samsung Galaxy 4G smartphone. It has taken me a few weeks to figure it out and I am still learning. It amazes me all the things it can perform. It is really a tiny hand-held computer/phone all in one

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Minka

TBH, the manuals aren't going to teach you Anything compared to what the phone can Really do, lol. Yahoo in general has trouble setting up on phones because it makes you pay for POP/Imap so it's hit or miss whether it will easily set up or whether you will have to do some googling to get it to work. I just paid for it to get it to work.
Either way, you have to set up a gmail in order to run android so you might as well switch over. Less spam too.

Also Atrixs just aren't selling and the ones I have sold, customers weren't happy. I mean you can always return it within the 30 days, but I wouldn't waste your time.
Actually, manuals can tell you many things. And keep in mind I'm replacing a Motorola phone that has been as tough as nails, a Karma (not common, even when they were new).

I got an Atrix, and I'm pretty happy with it. The battery in it is massive compared to most others, 1950 ah. It's a hair smaller than the HTC Inspire, and it set up my e-mail account without a hiccup.

I got a Pantech Crossover for Dottie, who hates big phones and puts them in her pocket.

Now...had I done a little more looking, I would have found that I could save $21 on the Atrix at Wal-Mart, and I could have gotten the Crossover free at Best Buy. A total savings of $70. Ah, well.