Phone Cord Hair Ties - Safe for cats that eat hair ties or no?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TacosAndPurritos

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I never found that they throw up more with grass. Most threw up a hairball once a quarter. If you don't get to it before it stains the carpet after you throw away the hairball itself, put some hydrogen peroxide on the stained spot, let it sit for 1-10 minutes (see, it's okay if you sort of forget about it) then scrub up with a paper towel. You might want to test the hydrogen peroxide on an out of the way corner of the carpet first in case it takes some of the rug color too. If it does, just use water and a lot of rubbing.
Could be that the indoor/outdoor cat I used to live with was throwing up for other reasons. Maybe because it was grass from a dirt driveway where cars parked, or maybe it was one of a million other things that an outdoor cat can get into... who knows.

My calico never threw up (maybe only once) until 3 days ago, prior to the surgery. My black cat throws up more often, though not abnormally often.

I usually use the carpet spray meant for pet spills - urine, feces, vomit, etc. It works super well, with no color lifting.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Glad to hear that your baby is home. She is probably out of it but try to get the meds into her. My cats do not throw up much grass either. It is very infrequent and has never stained anything or caused an issue.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TacosAndPurritos

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, she has been on a strict medication schedule and is doing great. She is glued to me like a magnet, and I took my work desk into my emptied-out bedroom with just a mattress on the floor and lots of cat beds and she has been sleeping and cuddling and being very affectionate and eating lots of good wet food and water. She seems more comfortable than she did prior to surgery (aside from still being constipated - which is normal), and her wound hasn't gotten infected or opened at all. So everything is going well! So relieved.

Any recommendations for where to buy the cat grass?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Amazon has a large selection of organic wheatgrass seeds that you can grow in a small pot. There are a number of them, so you could make your selection based on how much you wanted, etc.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to put my hair ties around the bathroom faucet. Neither cat has ever eaten them but if left out, the ties usually ended up in the trash can beside the sink where I toss their poop from the litter boxes. :doh: They like to bat stuff off things.