Phoebe

agentspooky

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't have sound right now, but it looked like she had something stuck in her throat (or felt like she did). Did the vet give you any good reason for wanting to do all the same tests over? If not, then I would have to say try yet another vet, and talk to them on the phone first to make sure they're willing to work with the information you've already got. It would be great if all vets were truly caring and knew what they were doing, unfortunately it's not always the case. Good luck!

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with AgentSpooky to call around to different vets and see who is willing to review the tests already done and review the video and only charge you for an exam basically. I think it is unscrupulous of the vet to want to do and charge you for tests that have just been done.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ndoggett

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello it does look like there is something stuck in her throat but nothing shows up in xrays and the barium that was done?? ALso all blood test was great but I will start calling vets and just ask if I can come in with paperwork.... thank you

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did take her to number 3 vet and he would not look at the records and wanted to start all over and I told him I had the paperwork, evrything except her xrays which it also was good?? So with this I can not afford another 800. for the same tests he wants to do??? Thank you just hoping someone can help us with suggestions!! This is why I am trying this site now...

:hugs: We do care and want to help but are not vets and can only offer up speculative suggestions. I have to ask. Where are you located? I honestly have never heard of a vet rejecting to look at test results for a second opinion from another vet or require that they run the exact same tests that were just done recently. I am so sorry you are dealing with such vets. I just find it hard to fathom that a vet would turn a blind eye to test results or that video. The video is worth its weight in gold and would be of the utmost importance in helping a vet diagnose. It is a piece of the puzzle in figuring out what ails your kitty. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aren't Persians known for trouble breathing due to the way their noses are constructed?

Also, the fact vet won't look at test results is amazing to me.  Call around and ask first...."will you look at test results".  The fact they won't is borderline unprofessional to me.

I hope you get to the bottom of this.  So discouraging.

lesliecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
P;ease do as others have suggested.  Find another vet.  There is something wrong with your cat.  At one point it does look like she is gasping for breath.  I would try to get an ultrasound of her mouth and esophagus.  MY prayers are with you for your little kitty.  She is very beautiful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ndoggett

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you I am going to send this to a couple of other vets and maybe they can help us... with the video.. also the vet was from lower Mainland area, and we live in small town south of Jasper.

I do realize that no one on here is a vet but was hoping someone went through this already that maybe able to help is all. Thank you all