Philly/Jersey/DE/MD Meet-up!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

Well, I am not bringing my SO, so I guess if no one else is coming, I am a seventh wheel?
There's no such thing as a seventh wheel. I think it's a big enough group that no one would even notice, and I'm sure no one would care. I hope that you still come!
I think that Leighann said that her DH is probably going to stare at the table and not talk to anyone anyway.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

I'm sorry, I wish you could come too!

You will just have to come to the Baltimore meet-up that I'm going to organize later.
Make sure you PM me if you post a thread about it...! I often don't catch new posts, cause I'm a slacker and don't spend as much time searching as I should.. hehe.

Originally Posted by gailuvscats

Well, I am not bringing my SO, so I guess if no one else is coming, I am a seventh wheel?
Prolly not. It's probably going to be the men sitting about saying why'd we get dragged to this, while the women actually have a conversation...

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

Make sure you PM me if you post a thread about it...! I often don't catch new posts, cause I'm a slacker and don't spend as much time searching as I should.. hehe.

Prolly not. It's probably going to be the men sitting about saying why'd we get dragged to this, while the women actually have a conversation...
I will!

You are probably right about that!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do we have an 'official' headcount of who is going?

By my count it's us 4 ladies and 3 SOs. Does that sound right?

And what's our plan for recognizing eachother when we get there? Do we walk in and say "I'm with the crazy cat lady bunch?"

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Do we have an 'official' headcount of who is going?

By my count it's us 4 ladies and 3 SOs. Does that sound right?

And what's our plan for recognizing eachother when we get there? Do we walk in and say "I'm with the crazy cat lady bunch?"
I thought of that. I know what Heather looks like from pictures, but that's it. I was going to try to search for a picture of you. Should we make a reservation though? Heather we need you to come back and organize this!

I PMed Gail to see if she was going but I haven't heard back, so I don't know.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:whines and generally complains that she can't go: Hehe, but you all make sure to come back and tell me all about it.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

Hey Gang!

We have been trying to have this for about 6 months now, and it looks like it's all finally starting to come about! So far, we have decided on a date/place for the Philly Area Meet-Up! It will be at the Manayunk Brewery (
)!

http://www.manayunkbrewery.com/homepage.php

We will be meeting for lunch, as this allows our farther traveling members to get home before dark.
For those that don't know Manayunk, it's an awesome little town FULL of "Best of Philly" restaraunts & shops... did I say shops? There's a Nicole Miller boutique on the one corner, you could make a 1/2 day of it!
It's trendy & upscale, so you won't have to worry about being in a sketchy neighborhood, it's the very outskirts of the city, with very easy access from the highways. Oh, and did I tell you it's a brewery?!
Cocktails for everyone!

So, far we have some definates: Me (LuckyGirl), Jenny (Jenny82), Leighann (MoochnNoodles), and Gail (gailuvscats).... with a possible trip from Lisa (lisalee) if we can get someone to carpool with her from her area (let me know if you would be willing to carpool with her, she's about 45mins from the city!). Leighann & Jenny are bringing their SO's and I might drag mine along too (kicking & screaming possibly
). If anyone is interested in coming we'd love to have you!

We can't wait to meet everyone!
Please pm me for details or respond here if you can come or want directions or more information! Thanks all!
What's the date? I live in the Philly suburbs. thanks!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Hey don't worry, Baltimore is just as far away for me as Philly....I can probably make that meet-up too!
Sounds good!

Originally Posted by MargeCat

What's the date? I live in the Philly suburbs. thanks!
This Sunday at 2. Can you make it?

Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Hope the meet-up goes well make sure you post pics!!!
Will do, thanks!

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I PMed Gail to see if she was going but I haven't heard back, so I don't know
Hey, I didn't get a PM.
But I am seriously considering not going because I have dinner plans at 5, so I am not sure what I want to do, and I know I definitely don't want to eat cause the restaurant Is fabulous, and I don't want to ruin that meal.
I usually take Public transit into town, so if I drive to Manyunk, I won't be able to stay long, in order to run back home to get the EL, to get to the restaurant by 5. I could go to town from Manyunk, but then I have to deal with parking the car in the city, which is a pain.

I am leaning towards not going, but will reserve the right to change my mind tomorrow. sorry.

If I don't go, have a wonderful time!!