Phew!!!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw, MA, what a bummer! There are a lot of skunks around here. Last year, before we put the food up in a feeder on a platform for the kitties, we had a lot of problems with the skunks eating the cat food we put out for the ferals.

We live in an RV, however, not a house, and though we are well insulated, when a skunk is walking by (or underneath), we can sure smell it! I guess that's why we've not been sprayed... we can tell when to NOT open the door!

Just last night Shelly all of a sudden ran over to the front door and started sniffing around the edges. Then Lazlo joined him, and within a minute, all the kids were down there sniffing around. I looked up at Gary, wondering what the heck was going on? A few minutes later, we could smell it - SKUNK! Must have been right outside the door or something, because we could only smell it in the living room.

But those sensitive kitty noses caught it before we did, LOL!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It came back last night, tipped over the feral feeder, fed to it's heart content and then went over to the front door and sprayed a greeting..........YIKES!!!! All the cats slept on the bed last night- neither one of us could even move! LOL My sinus membraines are burned to a crisp smelling the greeting all night.

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by hissy
Tania- it is
LOL......I have scrubbed my front door about 6 times already with a deskunking agent...
I just found this thread., MA and I can't help but picture the whole scene. (The snunk children are too cute) Door smell any better?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep until tonight, I am betting it will come back. All feeders are empty right now, my ferals will just have to tough it out for a few days until this critter leaves. I feed during the day, but at 6:00 p.m. the catfeteria is closed!

auroraviva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there some sort of repellent or something you can put up that won't affect your kitties? Or maybe a way to trap it and take it somewhere else and let it go?