Petsmart Clinic

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you are buying online, do buy from a reputable source, there was an article recently stating that there are fake Frontline and Revolution on the market

This is from ebay but I have seen others in articles
Use the ask seller a question feature to find out: What is the country of manufacture?(It's on the back of the box) Real Frontline comes from USA, or France. Does it state: "MERIAL--EPA APPROVED"? ..Is the box sealed? The end of the box will have a seal with a "LOT #" This number must match the number on each tube inside the package

bob66

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had a bad experience with Banfield,I used them because my cat needed to see a vet that was close by, i ended up taking him to his regular vet when he did not improve, Banfield did test on my pet to rule out a blockage, did not tell me prior to the test if there was a blockage that they couldnt do it there because it would be to late in the day by the time these test would be complete to give him surgery if needed. I found this out while the test were going on when I ASKED!!!! I was then told if he needed surgery I would need to take him to thier referal 30 miles away. He did not need surgery but they sent him home very sick. I would advise any of you considering on using this fly by night poor excuse for an animalhospital to beware. My cat was hospitalized at his regular vet for 3 days and treated for severe gastrointeritis with medication and IV therepy.3 days later he was sent home with a prescription powder that I mix with his food to make his bowlels work better I thank god every day that he recovered .He is that happy go lucky 1 year old again. I will never get my $ 400 that Banfield took from me for nothing but I will do all I can to advise people to use a real animal hospital and no these flunkies

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would not take my worst enemy to the Banfield here. Not only were they rude and condescending, but wanted to charge me nearly $500 for a spay. I almost fainted when they added it all up. If she had needed it to live, I would have found a way to pay it, but it was a spay. I took her to the Humane Society clinic 45 miles away, and had it done for $30. They were SO nice, took such good care of my baby, and called twice to see how she was doing and to let me know if she had any problems when the vet would be available. She is a very skittish kitty, and she was giving headbutts and hugs to the staff as they were gently putting her in her carrier to go home.
This is a totally low cost clinic, and they are wonderful. When I am in the area and have a few dollars to spare, I always find one of their donation jars. I would definitely use them again if I needed them.
OOOPS! Off the soapbox and back to the question. Wal-Mart has Frontline and Advantage behind the pharmacy counter in many of their stores. You have to sign for it, but the cost is very reasonable. I get mine at my local vet. I get the one for the largest dogs, and the vet even showed me how to measure the right dose with a syringe. I can do all 4 of my cats twice for around $15. Someone that posts here, or used to, also had that info. If that person sees this, I am sure they would pass it along. I would not feel comfortable doing it since I use a marked syringe with their names on it.

unicacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
mzjazz2u;511609 said:
I saw one of the most thorough and gentle vets at the banfield clinic in Petsmart. Was very pleased.

same here, their are super nice, and they have 24/7 emergency vet for you, in your area, and you get a extra 30% off.
I love how organized they are, and i only have ONE vet, the same one for over 9 months, and she even did my spay and neuter on my little ones.
another good thing, they have alot of locations, and someone like me, who travles alot, i can usely find one near where i live.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally, I don't like Banfield at all and would never take my animals to them and I wouldn't recommend that anyone else go there for theirs either.

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I get my advantage from amazon.com... usually I can get it about $7.25 a dose if I shop between all their vendors and amazon itself. So far I've only gotten legitimate medication from them. Several dealers on amazon also sell frontline but it's too expensive for me right now.

Art

bob66

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

Personally, I don't like Banfield at all and would never take my animals to them and I wouldn't recommend that anyone else go there for theirs either.
I agree also the dont offer 24 hr vet car, BEWARE they will take your money and begin treatment then if more needs to be done towards closing time they will refer you to another animal hospital. I reported one in my area to the Better Business Bureau NO RESULTS SO FAR . Just beware they aren as advertised! I cringe everytime I am near this place.