Pets4Life

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t like it. Cats are hyper-carnivores. They don’t eat salad with their meat. I am not convinced that fruit and vegetable sources of vitamins and minerals are bio-available to an animal who never consumes those foods in their native diet. The essential fatty acids in flax seeds for example are not in the correct form for a cat to use and they do not have the enzymes to convert them to a usable form. It’s a fiber source. But it’s useless for EFAs with cats. Cats cannot use beta-carotene, a Vitamin A precursor. I honestly would rather see meat and supplements than all those fruits and vegetables.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That said, if your cat(s) like it and do well on it, it isn’t the worst guest star food you could feed. I’d keep looking for a better (more animal, less plants) full-time food.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It does sound more like a dog food versus a cat food with all those extra ingredients :think:

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To me, it's this, for that same rabbit food for cats, that says the most:
1583015009096.png

15% bone is very high. Too high!

We feed one daily meal of Primal pork, which contains a similar selection of salad-like ingredients, but the Primal pork is only 7% produce and supplements, half what's in this food. The bone is only 6%.

I clicked through to the duck food and found a whopping 25% bone, which I would say to stay far, far away from, but only 6% veg and other. The chicken is 20% bone and 20% veg and other. The turkey is 25% bone and 6% veg and other. The salmon food has egg shell instead of bone (hurray for that!) but 20% veg and other.

I wouldn't even consider feeding any of these because all the bone quantities are too high, particularly if a cat (like one of ours) has any propensity for constipation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ModernCatLady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow thank goodness I did not buy this for my kitten! I thought it looked healthy but it is so deceiving. Thanks for letting me know about the bone I didnt know high bone percentage was bad! That is good to know. My kitty already has sensitive stomach and this would have made him worst! Its frustrating that companies add ingredients that arent good for cats!