Pete the Cat

aghelmegeanu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I am here to share Pete's story , who is also my best friend. I got Pete back in October 2019 and he was so small his eyes were barely open. Pete had to be bottle fed with formula. At the time I did not know anything about ringworm, and I was in for a crash course. After discovering Pete had ringworm I took him to the vet to get some medication, and then I had to go and get medication for myself! The following weeks were not easy, I had to disinfect the house daily as well as my clothes and Pete's cage ( I purchased the largest crate available ). When the ringworm finally resolved, everything was great! for a while... This past month I was on the couch when Pete started to act strangely, I have never seen a cat act this was (and I have 2 other cats, one is 14). He was walking on the back of his front paws, and walking backwards , falling over and hyperventilating. Without hesitation I took him to the ER immediately. They took him in and after 30 hours and many tests, they found that Pete has advanced hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. He had a thromboembolism ( a blot clot that dislodged and passed through his heart). The vets recommended that I euthanize him. I could not. After the hefty bills, I have to give Pete meds every day to give him what ever short time he may have left. The meds include an injection of exnoxaparin and clopidogrel. I live alone and don't have much support so I am trying anything I can to get support. Please if there is anything anyone can do I would more than appreciate it. Thank you for reading my story.

To help Pete:
Help Pete Live, organized by Alexandru Ghelmegeanu

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Note that this reminder is posted in all threads asking for donations and is not directed at any specific person.

From the Mods:
To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money