Pet Peeves of your S.O.?

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ohhhh this is my type of post..LOL..Dave has sooo many peevish things I swear he does just because it irritates me...
*Whiskers in the sink..* (must be a common male issue)
*He works night shift which is ok..I dont mind HOWEVER I only really get to see him 2 days outta the week so Id like for him to get up earlier than 15 minutes before he leaves for work and spend time with me and the girls. But boy o boy someone is NOT an afternoon person*
*He never takes dishes out of his side of the bed. I constantly have to go thru his side to get cups and plates because he eats before he goes to bed and just leaves everything sitting there..We have a dining room table for a reason!!!!*
*He takes longer than me to get ready to go somewhere. We dont go out very often, maybe once a month. So when its time to go I want to go not stand around for half n hour watching him play with his hair or run around in his undies trying to find something to wear. Its gotten to the point where when hes showering I pick out his clothes get his trimmer and toothbrush ready so that way all hes gotta do is dry off get dressed and stand still so I can do his hair right the first time.*
*Lastly when we argue (which we like to do alot) he constantly interrupts me. OMG just let me finish my point and then start talking...But heaven forbid I interrupt him when he sounds like a boob*

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Father told me when I was very young that everyone on earth has flaws. You will never find someone flawless, but when choosing a life mate ask yourself, can I be happy living with that person for the rest of my life completely accepting that person, with their flaws, making no changes, for the rest of my life?

Jim has many flaws and depending on which flaw I have just had to deal with will affect my answer here.

I think its about how you deal with the flaws. Sometimes I deal really well with Jim's flaws and sometimes, I dont. And my flaws are just perfect

But humor helps us A LOT!!!

There have been numerous issues handled because we simply busted out laughing about them.

Originally Posted by sofiecusion

Him dangling cat toys over me when I'm sleeping and calling the cats over to "attack"
I should not be laughing about this but its funny!!!

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LMAO...Dave likes to let Bruno upstairs when he gets home from work and if I dont have the bedroom door closed (which I didnt two nights ago) I get a flying drool slinging basset jumping on me licking me and basically making me wake up soooooo rudely that Im flying downstairs ready to rip into Dave. Since then now he checks the bedroom first before he lets the dog out!!! Thankfully my cats are too lazy to fall for the kitty toy attack thing

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

One of the "danger" things is:

Men don't want the woman they married to change and
Women want the man they married to change!
I hope the second part isn't true for most. I love Matt for who he is and I would NEVER want him to change for me. Of course, that hasn't stopped me from trying to persuade him to quit smoking... which he has now... on his own.

Originally Posted by Mirinae

1) When he washes the dishes (which I probably shouldn't even complain about, because he does wash the dishes ...), he leaves grime encrusted on whatever he's washing. It's not that he's doing it deliberately in the hopes that I'll take over all dish-washing duties (he does the dishes more frequently than I do and never complains about it); he just doesn't notice the food still stuck to whatever he's washing -- it's like it doesn't exist for him.
Interesting... have you pointed this out to him. When Matt started doing dishes I guess he didn't realize that plates and things had bottoms that got dirty too. He'd only wash the tops till I informed him that "washing dishes" meant washing the whole dish and not just the top or inside.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I hope the second part isn't true for most. I love Matt for who he is and I would NEVER want him to change for me. Of course, that hasn't stopped me from trying to persuade him to quit smoking... which he has now... on his own.

Interesting... have you pointed this out to him. When Matt started doing dishes I guess he didn't realize that plates and things had bottoms that got dirty too. He'd only wash the tops till I informed him that "washing dishes" meant washing the whole dish and not just the top or inside.
This is why no one is allowed to stack dishes when I am cleaning them. LoL

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't get me started

My DH has no sense of Humor hes like clueless
I don't know how we got together
I am more then half nutts myself. I actually embarrass him

He will not Ague EVER ...I miss that

I can not stand for anyone to roll there eyes at me
Although I do it often but not in a manner that I feel other people do ..I'm an exception

I can't stand it when he snores.. I want to smother him ...Just for a minute

I hate rude people epically when driving. I will not let anyone pass me if the get on my bumper I will speed up or slow down, not to be rude of course just to prove a point

I hate it when people will not move in the store, I will just stand there and look at them... I'm stubborn

I hate waiting for anything repair people, delivery and so on ..

I could go on and one but there's not enough space so I will quit

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Yeah, I've pointed it out to him, on numerous occasions. And every time, he seems surprised to notice that there is, in fact, more gunk on the dishes. He really, really doesn't notice that it's there. (I don't know, do food particles have to be a certain size before guys can notice them? Is that it?)

Hmmm, maybe he just needs a better optometrist ...

Oh, and yeah -- don't even get me started on the whole "outside, top and bottom" of dishes. He figures, so long as the dishes are clean where the food touches them, they're clean. Never mind that the outside has caked-on goo or that the handle is sticky. It's clean, so far as he's concerned.

Boys can be icky sometimes.

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mines weird...
I get stressed when I'm running late (i'm late ALOT) and whenever i'm with him then he always wants to hug me and it drives me crazy! I appreciate that he wants to calm me down, but when all i'm running on is adrenaline, and i can't think about anything but the next 20mins a hug can Really bug me.
Plus he Never has keys. I've spent so much time waiting on his doorstep for his to run over to his cousins house to get the spare set. Is it normal for an independant 18yr old to not carry keys with them??

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know this is so petty, but he burns my hot dogs. I mean to the point where they are black. It is really the only thing we argue about, dumb I know. We have come to an agreement that he waits fr 10 minutes after he puts his hot dogs on to burn
Other than that I think he's perfect.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by psjauntie

I know this is so petty, but he burns my hot dogs. I mean to the point where they are black. It is really the only thing we argue about, dumb I know. We have come to an agreement that he waits fr 10 minutes after he puts his hot dogs on to burn
Other than that I think he's perfect.
Yeah, but I heard he's really good at steak.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

Yeah, but I heard he's really good at steak.
I read this wrong at first, and thought you said he was good in the sack. Maybe I need to get my eyes checked. And yes he makes really good STEAK.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you guys with the dishwashing peeves REALLY need a dishwasher.
my hubby and i both hate to do the dishes, and don't like each others methods. we've had an apartment with a dishwasher for 3 yrs now...no more disagreements with the dishes.
it's great.