Pet Names For Your Cars, Trucks, And Other Vehicles?

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We all have a number of names for our kitties. Big Boy aka Dr. Mental, Ferdinand, Mr. Hide.

But what about the vehicles you drive?

I've had many over the years, and some have had pet names, some of which can be posted here in polite company, others that were expletives.

I have a red Toyota wagon, 1992 that I call El Rojo Cocinito, "Little Red Pig" because it's dirty, but I drive it anyway. It's good on gas and quite reliable, and good for putting multiple cat carriers in.

How about you?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My PT Cruiser is Clarence
My Sebring was known as The B!tch

I used to have a Plymouth Turismo (before I totaled it by hitting a tree and rolling it over 2-1/2 times) who was called Terrence. It was my first brand new car, ordered at the dealership.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My current car is a Ford Focus I named Drusilla. I had my last car, also a Ford Focus, for 13 years and would still be driving her if not for a guardrail incident (not my fault, to be clear). She was Titania, Queen of the Fairies. My first car--and my only other car beside Drusilla and Titania--was a Ford Contour that I named Rasputin.

My husband has had an Isabella, a Persephone, and a Gillies. His current car is named Constable Crabtree.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My 1992 Ford F150, Angel. She still has her original paint job and is in excellent condition. I only drive her on nice days in the summertime.
Hooo-eee, that's a NICE truck!
Not the original paint although it was originally black, but almost everything else besides the seats and radio are original :)

Attachments

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hooo-eee, that's a NICE truck!
Not the original paint although it was originally black, but almost everything else besides the seats and radio are original :)
Wow, your truck looks really nice, too!! I love how you have kept everything looking original, it even still has the original hubcaps!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back in the 1980s I had a 1979 Olds 98 Regency four door sedan I called Jimi Hendrix. I drove it a lot and it became experienced.

By the time I sold it in the mid-90s about 10 years later it had almost 500,000 miles on it.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The license plate's first three digits on my first new car was EMA. So naturally I called it Emma. :D
Back in 1979, I had a 1966 Buick Le Sabre, and the first three digits in the six-digit license number was "FFR" so it became the Fat Freddie Mobile, after the infamous "Fat Freddie" sausages sold in places like 7-11.

Fat Freddie had idiosyncrasies, including shaking side to side quite noticeably when I hit 53 mph, which abruptly stopped when I hit 56 mph. "Ladies and gentlemen" I'd say to passengers, "we have just broken the sound barrier." One day, I was forced to cruise quite a ways at 54 mph, and, as Jerry Lee Lewis sang, there was a whole lotta shakin' goin' on. (Say blub'b'b'b'b'b'b' and run your finger over your lips.)

Turned out that Fat Freddie had a rotted frame, with cracks in it.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
My beloved Astrid, my first car (1990 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon) I'm still driving her even tho she's technically past inspection and won't pass (long story) so she's on hospice .. But I love her too much haha

My "new" car, Rose Nylund (1993 Volvo 940 Turbo Wagon) I need to just plonk down about $200 to get her to pass inspection and drive her instead of Astrid .. I'm just lazy and/or unhealthily attached to Astrid as I mentioned above.

Honorable Mention, my boyfriend's little GMC Sonoma that I call Betty White... We got rear-ended HARD the other day (he was driving, but I watched it all happen when I was looking out the back windshield at a bald eagle.)
I learned to drive with her, it's very upsetting.

I think naming cars and favorite tools is very important. :)

boney girl dad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Only my first truck had a name--Henry. The name was bestowed by the previous owner, a retired trucker. Henry had all the accessories you'd expect a trucker to have. Henry was an '81 Ford F100. Think that built 351 Cleveland would blow the doors off my current '09 six liter GMC.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The green Mercury was called the Green Monster and also Jorge Jerome Fiddlesticks. The gray Cadillac was Cecil B. Deville. My white minivan was Darwin Mendel (I'm a biology nerd) and my Impala doesn't have a name yet. I had one picked out, but I can't remember what it was. I'll have to think of one today.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cars name is completely un-creative; but the kids insist the cars need names. So it's Sue B. Because I drive a Subaru and people call them SuBees.

DH refuses to name his car. I think mostly because it gets the kids going. But he might just not like naming things. I mean his suggestion for DS's name got shot down quick and he agreed to DD's name right away. Maybe hes afraid of a pattern here. :think:

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The green Mercury was called the Green Monster and also Jorge Jerome Fiddlesticks. The gray Cadillac was Cecil B. Deville. My white minivan was Darwin Mendel (I'm a biology nerd) and my Impala doesn't have a name yet. I had one picked out, but I can't remember what it was. I'll have to think of one today.
How about Vlad the Impala?

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a 1972 Chevy C20 3/4 ton pickup I called Sophia Loren. Old, but still got the admiring glances.

Trouble was, SL was geared low, which was great if you were hauling brick and stone (which for a time, I did a good bit of), but a real pain for driving. MPG was literally about 5 miles per gallon, about what a semi truck 20 times the size gets.

Eventually, the bed rusted out and I donated SL to Cars for Causes.