Pet insurance

andrea77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi....

Pet Insurance is a big choice.. right when me and my partner decided to get pet insurance.. our dog got really sick and it cost us over $1000 to save her life and it really sucked especially when the insurance might have covered some of it if we got it earlier.. but then again considering cost at least here in Canada, it might only be seriously worth it if you have a big animal like a dog( or outdoor cat, or more than one) that goes out a lot and is more likely to suffer injury or illness.. I say the best thing is have money put aside and hope that someday they will have public pet medicare...

felicia's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have money for Savings Bonds taken out of my check each week. These bonds are used for emergencies. Including emergency vet bills.

2rascalkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

We put aside about $20 a month for pet care. We've been hit with vet bills totalling $8,000 in one year, but normally get by with $120 to $200 per annum. However, we're DINKS (double income, no kids), and our mortgage was paid off a couple of years ago. My husband sometimes bitches about the bills for cat food /toys/litter, because I often buy the most expensive stuff on the market, but I do buy in bulk, and pet supplies' expenses are far more than what I spend on clothing/make-up/books, or far less than what he spends on guitars/DVDs/ sheet music.
Hey, you've got a good plan going there. I never thought of it that way. Oh and I love your term "DINKS". Haha! We're that way also. I was looking into pet insurance, but with everyone's comments I've just read it somehow makes sense to not get it. Both of my cats are a year old. My boy, Koa, he has put us through a lot (expenses) within a year. I'm glad we got through it, I'm not sure how we did it..... but we did! OMG, my hubby had spent quite a bit on his drums too. Haha! Not even equaling up to what we've got them.

Pets are our children!