Pet Insurance?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lanasaez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have six "short haired" cats BUT three of the six have almost two inch long hair, all siblings too! I always thought that they were considered "medium" hairs.
lol 

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe VPI has a benefits schedule, which means they determine how much a procedure *should* cost and reimburse based on that amount as opposed to how much you actually paid.

Thank you, very very much, for, that information
. I am not sure, I want my cats, health care "scheduled". Since, my cats never have issues on schedule

There are other companies that reimburse a percentage of whatever amount you actually paid.

What other companies are good? I just picked VPI as my personal vet uses them. Plus, they have other "exotic" mammals, like ferrets, chinchilla and rabbits. Plus, they would accept birds like parrots.
Also, for anyone who uses/used VPI and has a purebred cat, what did you need to do/show, in order to prove your cat was "purebred".

Thank you all

djkitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. I am looking into pet insurance as well.

Does petsbest that is liked here raise premiums often?

My vet recommends trupanion as there is no lifetime limit. I did look at the reviews on them and read that while the initial premiums start low the company raises premiums a lot.

Thanks

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi. I am looking into pet insurance as well.
Does petsbest that is liked here raise premiums often?
My vet recommends trupanion as there is no lifetime limit. I did look at the reviews on them and read that while the initial premiums start low the company raises premiums a lot.
Thanks
No, they raise very little every year, as the pets age (they don't do a huge jump when they go into a "senior age group"). This year my premium went down, actually :D

Last edited:

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does anyone know of a good insurance company in Canada? Everyone I have read about has terrible reviews online. I wish there was something like pets best here!