Pet Insurance?

staceyloobug

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've been toying with the idea of Pet Insurance for a long while (probably the last two years). It would have been expensive with Oreo, because she was over ten, but it would have been very affordable (about $10 a month) for Domino, who was under 2 years old.

Now that I've adopted two new kitties, and one of them most likely has FHV, and may need a little extra care, I'm really considering it again. I know they also offer multiple cat discounts.

My question is -- does anyone have it, and if so, do you recommend it? What does it typically cover? And does the price go up as the cat ages, or am I locked in at the lower rate?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have my three insured through Pets best, and I love them, thank goodness I have it!!! I suggest you do a search... this topic has been covered extennnnnsively! You can get a quote for them here.
they cover everything... For three cats, I pay $14/month each, and I have $100 deductible per incident, and I also pay 20% of the bill.
They do not cover pre existing conditions... That's the only thing - so anything that has been diagnosed or treated by a vet before and NOT cured, will not be covered. Keep that in mind. No age limits, as long as you pay the bills coverage is for life.
I have used mine quite a bit, and thank goodness for it... Bugsy will have surgery Monday, and if it was not for it, I would be in trouble. As I would when he went to the ER.
I HIGHLY recommend having insurance, unless you have money set aside, and it can be a lot...
anyways......

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't, but I sure wish I did when Holland had to have her teeth pulled last month. You can never tell. Holland's annual checkup usually runs me about $50. So I don't want to pay $10 a month for just an annual checkup, but if I'd have had insurance for her dental I probably would have saved a bundle. Just like our human insurance, you just never know.

bishtmaster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It is difficult to get insurance for older pets and it is also true that the price go up as the cat ages. So it is better to go for insurance as soon as possible. It would be good if you choose insurance plan for Domino and two new kitties. A basic insurance plan will cover circumstances including hospitalization, veterinary bills.