pet food stamps

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
does anyone get pet food stamps if so how do they give them to you do they send a pet card only or do they send you food if they send food what brands etc?

asking because my mom applied for it and it said once approved petflow account will be updated

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I understand it, they just put money in your account on Petflow, and you can spend it however you want. So if you order something expensive, you'll get less than if you order cheaper food.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I understand it, they just put money in your account on Petflow, and you can spend it however you want. So if you order something expensive, you'll get less than if you order cheaper food.
oh i see will if we can buy anything we want on there of course i'm getting the no grain kind

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Donat sacrifice quantity for quality. It's better that they eat something lower-quality than you have to get rid of more cats because you can't afford to feed them.

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Donat sacrifice quantity for quality. It's better that they eat something lower-quality than you have to get rid of more cats because you can't afford to feed them.
i had 13 cats and the ones i did rehome >except that i got back mikaela got good homes all the people took them in the vet one of the cats got microchipped etc and the cats are happy with the new people they sent me vids and pitcures if i kept my all 13 none would have gotten vetted etc from me or the new people i couldn't afford the vet bills now i can take the ones i did keep in the vet

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never heard of this either. I think the Human Services might think having a pet is like a luxury like cable is meant to be and they don't count it either.But I do have Bella and Thunder and it would be nice if they would do this in our town.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not run by Human Services or local towns. It's purely an internet charity, run by donations. If you get food stamps, might as well try for it. They say they'll approve anyone on food stamps or below the poverty line.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds like a good program.  I remember years ago hearing about a program that was geared to low income seniors. It was only in the San Francisco area.  They put money in their account the beginning of the year and they could use it for anything pet related including vet bills.  The vet bills is what can be really hard for many people, actually the bills for a sick pet can get to the point where any regular working person has difficulty coming up with the money.  As a result a lot of animals suffer because they don't go to the vet when they need to.

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
petfoodstamps.com

nyckat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know several people who applied when the program first started- and know of NO one that actually got them, even after they sent in their awards letters by mail as was requested!

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
really? we didnt get them eather e got a email saying you must varify your income you must have i'd and drivers license and other stuff :/