Pesky Eye Booger

*ThorsMom*

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Twice today I’ve had to wipe away a goopy green eye booger from the inner corner of Thor’s left eye. It’s not a large amount. Just enough to fill that little duct area. Other than that, nothing else seems off. No concerning behaviors of a sick kitty. Is it best to just keep cleaning it and keep an eye out for any other symptoms or does the the discharge itself warrant a visit to the vet?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would keep an eye on it and if it increases or you notice other symptoms such as sneezing, change in eating habits and increased lethargy, get to the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

*ThorsMom*

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He’s being a lazy bum but that’s normal for him. Also, it was in the 90s here today so another likely reason he’s not as active so it’s hard to tell if it’s lethargy or heat/indoor fat cat vibes. He did eat his entire dinner though. :)

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kitty (caveat: my first cat ever) has had bouts of eye boogers, stemming from a bad URI as a feral kitten (probably herpes). The vet advised me to bring her in when it got bad enough that her eyes staring sticking shut or her third eye lid was really showing. Then she gets eye drops. But others times, minor bouts have gone away on their own.